Seduced by the dark side but I will battle back.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Guys and Galls was cleaning out my model room the other day and realized I have been totally seduced by the dark side (plastic models) I haven't touched one of my scratch builds since Christmas. here are some pics of the models languishing in limbo hell.

Now I have a problem I really want to get some more done on them but I dont want to force myself as then they will get rushed just to get them out of the way and I don't want that, but at the same time I feel guilty that I have not touch one of them in nearly 5 months (enough time for spiders to start nesting in them errgh nasty things all creepy and crawly yuk) so what do I do I don't feel anything like ready to give the plastic a break but I do feel guilty about my scratchies (ooh I sound like an addict contemplating doing cold turkey) come on I can't be alone there must be others like me how do you deal with it? HELP.

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
One piece of advice given to me by my dear departed dad

" if a mans got wood he has to deal with it "

I don't think he was talking about modelling but I think it aplies in this case :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh Al im not touching that one at all :rolleyes:

wow the paddle streamer is great, and the hulls of the other 2 look fantastic as well, Kp, you have to be in the mood to do them,

as you said if not you will just mess them up,and if you are enjoying the plastic kits at the moment no harm, it say you just need a brake for a bit ;)

some days i sit there and look at my bench and 5hrs later and 6 coffee and and 10 smokes have not done a thing :confused:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for the replys I do feel guilty not doing them there is actually not much to do on the paddle steamer to finish it a bit of rigging some Bannister rails and the chimney stacks but I just can't find the mojo

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
On a serious note KP why not work on them in between , say your doing a build and have to let glue dry or paint set have little play with the one of the others that way you won't feel like your neglecting them. :smiling3:

Lol @ Moni :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Don't you mean glue set and paint dry, sorry I'm being mean there thanks Alan I may try that watch this space to see if it works

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
No need apologise mate I new as soon as I posted I had it the wrong way around :D

L

Laurie

Actually KP if you do not feel like model making at the moment I would not do it.

No sense in doing something you do not want to do.

It is a strange thing feeling guilty. But unless you are in the mood then you are going to be unhappy with the results as they are going to be below par.

Laurie