"Set aside." Normandy diorama.

A

Armorguy

Thank you guys, you're too kind. Currently I'm painting with oils, the sleepers will take some effort and different stages to finish them.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Guy,
My apologies I have missed this up till now. Just had a catch up, some lovely work going on.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Guy , I'm loving this, like the odd section of rail , little things like this add so much. Colours look good .
John .

A

Armorguy

Scottie, John, thank you guys. Today the flatbed was put on the hobbybench again, I've added greasy muck to the buffers. I made it with AK Transparent gel + black pastel powder + graphite powder.

A

Armorguy

Thank you for sharing this superb ref photo Steve. The track looks nice on the flatbed, cool diorama idea.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I found and printed off the same photo today as it really shows the flat car details nicely. I was thinking the same as you Guy, about a future build in 1/87 scale.
Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Tried printing this off the web page Steve...came out horrible. any chance you could email me an attachment
Cheers, Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Under normal circumstances I would have no hesitation in saying yes. Sadly at the moment my email system is down. Once it is back up and running I will PM you and you can send me your email address. :thumb2:

A

Armorguy

Thanks for adding the pic Steve, the wedge is a nice little touch, I spotted the same on other images of tanks on flatbed railcars.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Guy,
Really great job, have just caught up and enjoyed your commentary throughout.
Cheers, Mike.

A

Armorguy

Pete, Mike, thank you sirs !
The base isn't finished yet but to keep the focus I put the unfinished flatbed railcar or "Platformwagen" back on the bench. I completed it with its brake hoses (I used flexible tube to make it look a tadd more realistic). With oils burnt sienna, raw umber and raw ocre I gave the grey superstructure a bit of a rusty appearance.
Much more to come, you'll be bored I'm afraid.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Afternoon Guy,

Looking very nice mate....Finding this all very interesting:nerd:

As you know I’ve built/painted a flat car but never did anything with it. One thing I’m curious of is, did they have different flat cars for different vehicle weights or did one type carry everything?
Would also like to know more about the wedges/chocks under the front sprockets....was this the only thing to prevent movement?