Shelby gt350

B

Beano

Hi guys, this is my first propper post on this site!

Im pretty new to modelling and this is my first real attempt at a good quality spray job/build. I was supposed to be building a Ferrari 458 Italia but I'm not confident enough for that yet so I bought this Revell shelby gt350 H yesterday. Anyway, some pics as it stands now, all primered up!

Thanks for looking!

First Name
Drew
Look forward to seeing this one come on.

Any chance of a shot of the box art? I'm looking into getting one myself (not sure which model to get though).

Is this one of their 2 in 1 kits?

B

Beano

It's this one http://www.revell.com/germany/cars/80-7242.htmlIt doesn't come with paints or glue though, I didn't know but luckily I've got nearly everything I need. I'm doing it in metallic blue. It comes with gold decals but not sure if I'm using them, I like these cars without. They also do the 350H which is the racing model with 1 seat etc

B

Beano

Quick update on this. Body is painted awaiting clear coat and the engine is built. Just needs the exhaust manifolds putting on :smiling3:

Really enjoying this build, it's my biggest at 1:24 and my first time using an air brush.

M

m1ks

That's looking really nice.

Am getting into cars again and I love american muscle cars and anything fins and chrome.

Nice shade of blue btw, is that a tamiya ts spray can colour?

B

Beano

Thanks. Hoping to get the clear coat on tomorrow. It will go slightly darker but it is still a really nice colour

The engine blue is tamiya blue and the car blue is tamiya X13 metallic blue. Both are done through airbrush

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great beano , the paintwork is spot on. Nice work on the engine too! cheers tony

R

rogue-one

hi beano. this is looking great. i to love american cars. and i'm going to get into them myself (take a break from the military, lol) so i'll be watching this build. cheers.

B

Beano

Thanks for the comments guys. Finally got some quality time to myself tonight!

Things done:

Side vents painted black and glued on

Sub frame on and engine in

Exhaust painted and put on

Rear sub frame painted and put on

Shocks painted red and put on

Interior painted

Hoping to get another good day of building tomorrow. Might get the body polished and waxed too.

Last edited:
B

Beano

Sorry for the lack of an update guys, building has halted till tomorrow, I need to sort out my spraying area. I thought it was well ventilated till I coughed up blue, grey and black in the middle of the night! Making a propper booth and getting a mask tomorrow.

T

treyzx10r

Looks Great so far Beano,yea get yourself a decent respirator for sure!

B

Beano

All done! Finished this afew weeks ago but only just got round to updating. Sorry for the rubish pics, I need a propper camera.

I'm just in the middle of building a Ferrari 458 Italia and its going alot better than this one did. I'll create a topic in a mo!

Thanks for looking.

D

dubster72

That's a beautiful shade of blue, it really suits the car. You should be proud of that one, it would look great on anyone's shelf!

Cheers

Patrick

B

Beano

Thanks Patrick, I had lots of fun doing it although i'm not too sure on the decals on the side, look kind of out of place without the stripes along the roof. This is how it will live though :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I've got Revell's modern version which is half-built, hopefully when I get round to finishing it, it'll look half as good as yours!

Cheers

Patrick