Shipping"Klear" to SA?

T

T. van Vuuren

After a long and unsuccessfull search for anything resembling Furute or Klear here in South Africa I am forced to look overseas for it.

All our local stuff has a milky look to it and doesn't dry like what I read of Klear/Futue.

Where do you lads get your stuff from? The local supermarket ?

What would the posability be for someone to perhaps mail me a bottle or two of the correct stuff if I made apayment for it into yur bank acc? ( or however one transferes funds overseas these days)

Not sure what the rules are these days about flying any liquids on airliners.

Thanx

Theuns

First Name
Dave
In my humble opinion Klear is no better than using gloss clear varnish.We only use it because its relatively cheap.Your getting a big bottle for the same price as a small jar of modelling varnish.For what it would cost to mail it to SA it probably wouldnt be worth your while.

T

tecdes

Hi Theuns

Could not believe that Klear was not marketed every where.

So In South Africa look for "Mr. Muscle" in a pink plastic bottle with the "Future" logo on the bottom of the label or Johnsons "One Step" which is chemically identical to "Future". In the United States and Sweden there is a product called Mr. Muscle that is an oven cleaner and is no relation to the Mr. Muscle found in South Africa. The US and Swedish product is an excellent paint REMOVER. The South African product bears the Future logo on the bottle and is advertised as an acrylic floor polish, not an oven cleaner. Please do not get the two confused.

And. This came from & is for any one keen on the History or where you can & cannot get it. The Complete Future. Must be some Prof. to spend time on this subject. Of all the articles I have read in the 10 months, since becoming infected with modeling, Klear seems to be a "clear" winner.

Laurie

T

T. van Vuuren

Hi Laurie.

I have spent hours in supermarkets looking at every conceivable floor polish there is.The only Mr Muscle with the future logo on it is a floor cleaner and not acrylic polish.

The only polishes I can get here that dry like it should has a milky look to it and doesn't work. I tried it.

I have a mate coming to the UK next month and will ask him to bring a bottle or two allong.

Where do you guys get it, what does it cost , and could someone please refere me to a site where I can look at a pic of the bottle to send him.

Thanx

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

Thank you!

The cost of it and where to get it please.........pretty please!

Theuns

First Name
Dave
I got mine from ASDA supermarket. Cost just under £4.

A

andygh

I seriously wouldn't bother, it's OK stuff but not worth all the hassle. Normal acrylic varnish is equally as good

The new stuff isn't as good as the original Klear IMHO and when my present supply runs out I'll be quite happy to use something else

Last edited:
T

T. van Vuuren

I mostly want it as a canopy "enhancer" and as a gloss /setting base for decals. I have used both enamel and acryilc closs with mixed results. The models I have seen here using Klear seems to be very nice, so I will give it a try.If it does'nt work it has cost me the same as a tiny tin of enamel gloss - no big loss.

Thanx

Theuns