Si B’s 1/35 Zvezda T34-76 Mod 1943 Uralmash

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
E7B392A0-1602-4ABC-9719-8912257EC4C4.jpeg

I’d heard good things about this kit at a very reasonable price so put it on my wish list....then my wonderful better half got me one for my birthday....happy days :smiling4:

While looking for PE for it,
stumbled on this set from eBay for a very reasonable price...ok so it’s not specifically for the Zvezda kit but it’ll do.
Not everything shown on the box is in the box and some bits won’t be used but will go in the spares box for the other T34’s in the stash...
C82E0054-6D94-4A0F-8B33-B1D3A8DB94BC.jpeg
D061E216-0277-4C9A-B2CD-0E541ED9738D.jpeg

Work commenced on cleanup.
This has a multi part style hull which was tapped together to check fit before gluing.
22CBAE97-5A33-446F-83A8-99B6F2CEB63E.jpeg

Quite a few ejector marks on the inside, could of left them but choose to fill ‘em up.
cut out the moulded in engine vents and replaced with the PE ones....instant improvement.
DE25DBA7-FB94-4CAE-B0FE-65753FF331FF.jpeg

The bench is a little busy so progress may be slow. Thanks for looking
all abuse/ comments welcome

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Si,
that's a lot of PE ! My model of it's younger, stronger brother ( T34/85 ) is languishing whilst I sort out a base for it. The lower hull is the same, but has the later starfish wheels. I didn't use any filler on mine, and the link & length tracks worked a dream, so this should be a breeze!. Any plans for crew/base?
Dave

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Si,
that's a lot of PE ! My model of it's younger, stronger brother ( T34/85 ) is languishing whilst I sort out a base for it. The lower hull is the same, but has the later starfish wheels. I didn't use any filler on mine, and the link & length tracks worked a dream, so this should be a breeze!. Any plans for crew/base?
Dave
Hi Dave,
No plans for crew or base as yet....but never say never ;) They give you two different types of fuel cells in the PE set and I’m told only use one or the other. I’m going to use the box style mounted on the back....the cylinders can go on something else.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Si
Looks good. I like Voyager PE. All nice and shiny whereas Eduard is dull metallic :smiling5: is this one of the newer Zvezda kits as they are well thought of.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Si
Looks good. I like Voyager PE. All nice and shiny whereas Eduard is dull metallic :smiling5: is this one of the newer Zvezda kits as they are well thought of.
Jim
Hi Jim,
I think this is my first experience with Voyager PE but it does look very good. Yes I believe it is one of the newer Zvezda kits, Scalemates have this down as rebox/updated parts but not sure of the time frame?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Golly Gee, It's Mr. Benson back at the bench.

Great to see you back Si and with a Ruskie panzer to boot. You'll make JR proud buddy. You will also love the Voyager etch as they give you so much in the set. It's also pretty easy and nice to work with too....

I hope you and the family are well in these trying times Si. Now get building on it........

Prost
Allen

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This is one of Zvezdas' later models, Scalemates has it down as a rebox/altered parts. This due to it being based on the 2018 new tooling T34/85 - obviously with a different turret - others using the same base are a T34/76 1942 model, and the same running gear on SU-85, SU-100 & SU-122. It can be tricky, as Zvezda produced older models of the T34 etc in their ' crude era '. If you want a later model look for a catalogue number higher than 3686
Dave

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Big fan of Voyager PE. However every set I have used there has been mistakes on the instructions so just keep an eye out mate. Off to a great start. Looking forward to seeing it all blinged up. Good luck my friend

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good Golly Gee, It's Mr. Benson back at the bench.

Great to see you back Si and with a Ruskie panzer to boot. You'll make JR proud buddy. You will also love the Voyager etch as they give you so much in the set. It's also pretty easy and nice to work with too....

I hope you and the family are well in these trying times Si. Now get building on it........

Prost
Allen
Hiya mate,
I have been somewhat absent of....like many of us the garden gets my full attention in the summer but now the night are drawing in it’s time to build :nerd:
Yes your right I think JR will like this....hope to do it justice!

We are all good here thanks for asking, washing my hands a lot and avoiding idiots crowds of people....this social distancing thing suits me just fine :smiling5:
Hope this are well with you too amigo?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I'll come along for the ride. Zvezda and a bucket load of PE, what's not to like? :cool:
Good to have you along Andy :thumb2: Fingers crossed I won’t make too much mess with the shiny stuff!

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
This is one of Zvezdas' later models, Scalemates has it down as a rebox/altered parts. This due to it being based on the 2018 new tooling T34/85 - obviously with a different turret - others using the same base are a T34/76 1942 model, and the same running gear on SU-85, SU-100 & SU-122. It can be tricky, as Zvezda produced older models of the T34 etc in their ' crude era '. If you want a later model look for a catalogue number higher than 3686
Dave
Cheers Dave, I thought that it might of been based on the 85 but wasn’t sure :thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hiya comrade Jones,
Ive found it’s all always best to find picture references if your using some of these etch kits.....some of the time the etch replacement looks nothing like the part as you’ll know.

I got a little something else for this kit coming shortly ;)

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Actually like the T34, war winner, ps do not tell Mr Race. Wink,wink;)
Agree it was a game changer this tank.....an Interesting history behind its development too. And the numbers....good god did they build a lot of these buggrs :surprised:!!!!
Delving into the manufacturing side of things they constantly built them with fewer and fewer parts, reducing the costs and man hours.
I like the research stuff:nerd:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Last ones made in 1958, in Czechoslovakia - in total over 84,000 made, nearly 100,000, if you include the SPG variants - only the T54/55 tank was produced in greater numbers...............
Dave