Si B’s- Academy Hetzer early....

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
GREAT painting scheme Si..looks like the acrylics are working out in your favor..
Cheers Joe,
I’m having some success. It’s all a learning curve as I’ve pretty much always used Tamiya paint.

Nicely balanced Si, I really like the way you terminated your green and brown at the roof top leaving the base yellow to snake its way through them. Once you get the dapple on I'm sure it will really "pop"! Cheers Rick H.

Glad you like it Rick. I tend to just go with the flow on my camo...works for me:smiling4:

Si,
The paint work is top draw, looking forward to watching this progress.

Cheer mate:thumb2:

Si,
The paint looks to have gone down as it should, I am useless at all this pressure and paint flow and mix it like milk stuff these experts on here use. I mix so that it looks like a drop of water going down the window, then start at 20psi and work from there either up or down a pound or two then work up the mojo on an old 48 scale phantom fuselage as a tester part. Not so sure about the stance of the commander, I have been photo'ed at dances in that position - and the nightmares are still frequent....
Keep up the great work.
Cheers, Mike.

Evening Mike,
I’m very much in the same boat on my airbrush. I think we develop a knack of knowing what won’t work after a while.
Commander is a groovy bugger ehh:smiling5:

Looking very good Si
Thanks very much mate:thumb2:

Nice paintwork Si,
cheers
Ross
Cheers Ross :thumb2:

The finish looks excellent. PaulE
Thanks Paul....you ever make these in your scale?

Well a ma-hoosive thanks you for all your feedback gent, always appreciated:thumb2:

Update inbound!!!

Tracks......pigment now dry and dry brushed with some shiny bits.

Then back to the camo. Well I’m happy to admit it went a bit pear shaped but I think I’ve sorted it.
I used a PE mask to do the dappled ambush pattern but it wasn’t the right one and I made a real bad job of it.

So after a bit of pondering, I sprayed over what i had done, then came up with a better plan:thinking:

I took a rubber band and chopped a few peices off, glued them to the end of a BBQ skewers and made a rubber stamp. I used some foam stuff I got from Hobbycraft as the blotter....and off I went!

330529 330525330526330527330528

I’m very pleased with the result. When viewed from a distance it’s actually quite an effective camo, I can see why it was used. Obviously It needs weathering so it doesn’t look so in yer’ face!

I’ve got the wheels painted too so nearly ready for it all to go back together.
I hope you like, thanks for looking
Si

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice camo Si ;)
I like the original camo-rubber-band-pattern-stamp-thing ;D

Cheers Steven

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
When viewed from a distance it’s actually quite an effective camo, I can see why it was used.
The idea was that it would work both from a distance and up close. From a distance, the small spots more or less disappear so only the large shapes remain, blending the vehicle into the large shapes of nature that are visible from a distance; up close, nature has much more detail, but the small spots are visible at those distances too and so (hopefully) still blend the vehicle into the terrain.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Sorry mate. The camouflage is too good and I can't see the darn thing! I will have to wait until I get home and have a closer look. By the way what is Ryanair going to fly their planes with now that you have used their elastic band??

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Si,

Brilliant - looking good there.
Three tone camo with hissy stick is hard enough, but using laccy bands - you've taken it to a whole new level :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:.

Paul.
:smiling:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Once weathered should look perfect Si. I have done a couple by SDV w/etch from Hauler I think, years (maybe decades) ago. I'll see if I can find them. I used to date them. It should be interesting to see how old. PaulE

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Si, found one dated 9/08, pictures will follow in the Completed Armor section. MikeC, Riotair was one of my worst airline experiences since the US air controllers were fired & I had two near misses in a month. Believe me, standing a DC10 on its' wing in a half snap roll with no warning is not something, as a passenger, I thought of as fun. PaulE

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Si, found one dated 9/08, pictures will follow in the Completed Armor section. MikeC, Riotair was one of my worst airline experiences since the US air controllers were fired & I had two near misses in a month. Believe me, standing a DC10 on its' wing in a half snap roll with no warning is not something, as a passenger, I thought of as fun. PaulE
Know the feeling well, 18 hours in a Bristol Britannia - RAF Lyneham to Edmonton, Canada, never looked an airline sandwhich in the face again. DC-10 Laker Airways to New York two days after the Turkish Airlines crash, Sitting there reading a novel about an airliner crash, worst and best experience sitting in the back of an RF-4C from Alconbury, getting bounced by F-5E Aggressors over the North Sea, my stomach is still there....

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mike, that camo job is the dog's b*lls! Can't imagine the Missus not liking it. Oooo, Airline war stories, On final into PDX from SFO via UAL one sunny Saturday morning in 2003.
Just cleared the outer markers and the pilot goes balls to the wall hard and fast climbing right turn in a Boeing 737-300. He later on explained as we were going around in the pattern, that the tower had apparently cleared another carrier to taxi out for take off on our runway! OOPS. Other than that , I had over 30 years of incident free air travel with Untidy Airlines. Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning all,
Thank you very much for your support and feedback throughout this build....very much appreciated:smiling4:

I’m calling this done now. It was only meant to be a quick one so I’m not getting bogged down with endless weathering and bases etc..
The last steps where to get the running gear on, decals then a dust coat with some very diluted humbrol through the airbrush....Then a pin wash.

A few bits I’m not happy with like the decals. But hey ho......

Thanks again for all you support and banter
Cheers
Si