Silent Mobius Girls - Episode 1

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
IMG_7198.JPGIMG_7201.JPGr
Silent Mobius is an early-mid 'nineties cyberpunk manga & subsequent anime that can best be described as 'Bladerunner with a demon invasion'.
For twenty-five plus years, I've been trying to collect figures of the six-woman cop team from the series, all in the manga-style uniforms, and all to a consistent scale. I've had movie versions of some of them for a while, and recently discovered the set are in pre-production art versions. I've also got a couple that turned out not to be in my required scale (1/8th) but more like 1/9.
About a year ago I found a gguy in Germany selling exactly what I've been after.
So, i present, in combat crouch, Kiddy Phenil (possibly the only Australian aborigine full-body cyborg in manga), and ice-blonde American tech-wiz, Lebia Maverick
Figures are 1/8 resin, paint is mostly Gunze acrylics. Close - ups show where some of the paint has cracked or just not covered. While I usually swear by Gunze paints, after spraying matt, the brushed on swmi-gloss STILL made the paint run
IMG_7200.JPGIMG_7204.JPGIMG_7202.JPGIMG_7203.JPG

Last edited:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Uniforms are quite something. Well finished.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
BTW in case you think i'm REALLY good at small detail painting, the shoulder patches are transfers that come in the kits

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well they are certainly different…..don’t see much manga on here. Very nice work Chris.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
These are great - I love the blonde hair, especially where it falls over her shoulders. And great, vibrant colours generally.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
You're all too kind
Hmm, just noticed Kiddy needs her pupils re-doing..
Paul, interesting you say that about Lebia's hair - the kit has five separate pieces to it, not including the head itself. And the main part didn't quite reach the shoulders, so bit of extra miliput needed there. Other parts, like her left arm, just clicked into place without glue