Silent partners

First Name
Mike
These two 1/72 SG-38 early-war training gliders came in one box. Manufacturer is Kovozavody Prostejov who have been around for decades, but these are new-tool kits and very nicely done. The Luftwaffe version has the 'open cockpit' (which must have been bit alarming), the Polish variant has the enclosed gondola. Rigged with Uschi van der Rosten fine thread, turnbuckles are from Bob's Buckles.

12_19.jpg

12_0024.jpg

12_26.jpg

12_0027.jpg

12_0041.jpg

12_0048.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work on these,s two,Mike,real well done,down to that rigging,do like the ribbing on 3-518,and the camo is fantastic,

both great builds,so very well done, :D

K

kintosh

Mike very nice indeed, the detail of the structure inside the wings etc. is exceptional.

Bob

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Supreme builds Mike. Loving the detail you've achieved in both of them. That Luftwaffe version as you say, must have been rather daunting!

P

phikoleoputra

Oh my...oh my what a stunning build with beautiful paint job. How on earth did you paint those green camo.

Well done Mike

D

Doug Hughes

Wonderful, Mike. I love the 'transparent' wings when viewed from below - just like the real thing and so hard to model.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work mike and at 1/72 these arent very big at all. The camo on the polish one is mind boggling! I was looking at these on e bay the other day , i really fancied getting one but didnt , you might have influenced me a bit more now! Cheers tony

J

John Rixon

I'd pay good money to watch a detailed video of you building one of these - mainly as it is beyond my comprehension!!! Absolutelt staggering work :smiling3:

First Name
Mike
I'd pay good money to watch a detailed video of you building one of these - mainly as it is beyond my comprehension!!! Absolutelt staggering work :smiling3:

Thanks again for the nice comments. John, I appreciate the compliment but a video of me working would be mind-numbingly boring (and very long), but my build article was in the April 2016 issue of Airfix Model World magazine, if you're interested.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I love the way you have painted the 'transparency' of the wings..And that camouflage is bloody great!