Simil'r Ford Focus

M

mattm

Hi guys.

I've finally started my next build. The Simil'r Ford Focus. Have been at it a while, but once again slow progress due to me working nights.

But anyway a few pics for you guys, any comments welcome.

View attachment 43939

Wheels painted, just waiting for decals to be put on now.

View attachment 43940

Brake discs, with photo etch parts, kit supplied spring also to be added.

View attachment 43941

Underside, with exhaust and one brake disc fitted, some problems with the fitting, but all looks good now.

View attachment 43942

Inside, Tamiya Gloss white, from rattle can. Couple of photo etch parts here, from Renaissance photo etch kit.

Thats it for now, just waiting for some decent weather so I can get outside and spray paint the shell.

Cheers Matt

View attachment 47162

View attachment 47163

View attachment 47164

View attachment 47165

20120412_120926.jpg

20120212_180714.jpg

20120308_115633.jpg

20120412_120909.jpg

R

Richy C

Nice start Matt , top looking colour scheme on this focus , I`ve got the simil`r Le mans Ford gt in the stash its nice to see a new model company on the scene even if they are French ( only joking about the French bit ) , word of caution though I`ve heard quite a few modellers have had a right old challenge getting the decals to fit on the rear of the car mainly around the rear lights so take your time in that area mate .

Cheers

Richy

M

MarioT

Hi,here some pic in W.iP and real WRC car maybe helps you to build yours in some elements if you want,so enjoy in :photographer:,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!reminds you thats s not my pic ,this is pic from another forum,if you want I will post LINK to that forum to WRC Ford Focus 2010 Similar,or now:goodluck:,Fertig: Ford Focus RS WRC 2010 - Bauberichte - Das Wettringer Modellbauforum

another one forom my country:LINK:Otvoreni maketarski forum :: Vidi temu - Focus RS WRC 2010

I build the Focus but old version from 99 years Revell maqute but good for begining in 2006 when I startet with this hobby,one pic off my build:

M

mattm

Hi guys,

Not really of an update on my progress. Moved house recently so have only just got back into the model.

In need of a little help and advice thou.

Any tips on the best technique/product to use to get a decal onto a curved surface?

Take a look at the pic below

View attachment 47636

The decal needs to go over the space for the door handle, how the hell do i get it to cover that, without tearing and still reaching up to the window edge like it should?

Thanks Matt.

View attachment 50543

20120711_161907.jpg

M

MarioT

for decal use Microsol or some kind liqud for decal and then this:Das einzige, was mir negativ aufgefallen ist jetzt, das sind die Decals von "Catrograf". Es ist das 1. mal, das sie sooo schlecht zu verarbeiten sind. Mit dem Weichmacher bleiben recht viele Falten, die nicht wieder weg ziehen. Auch nach mehreren Anwendungen nicht Ich hab es aaaber recht gut gemeistert. Hab mir das "BP-grün" und das "Abu Dhabi-rot" für das ausbessern gemischt Jetzt kommen die Mechaniker dran.

I think Its mean use some kind similar Abu Dhabi red paint to paint this... :smiling3: ,its not on sell(original) but the similar color will be nice,just like on decal.... :smiling3:

LOOK on page 5(five):

Last edited: