SimliR 1/24 FORD GT , 1st impressions and a small review

R

Richy C

I know Drew would like to see whats in the box so here it is , I know cars/race cars are not every ones cuppa tea but being such a nice looking motor a few of you might like a little insight to this kit , what you get is what you see in the photos - 5 white sprues for most the car 1 black sprue for suspension bits etc ,1 sprue of clear parts , a small/medium bit of pe , 2 nice sheets of cartograf decals 1 being for the carbon fibre bits and window surrounds etc, and 4 tyres , instructions are very clear being in French and English the paint guide gives you option for tamiya gunze and humbrol.

SimilR are a new French model making company this being there 2nd offering the 1st was a Ford Focus rally car by all accounts the car builds very well but there were a few issues with the decals fitting the back of the car , decals look a piece of cake for the GT

GT 1st impressions - plastic looks a little see through and brittle but very crisp with no flash care maybe needed removing parts , many parts for the bodywork ie- seperate bonnet - wings - roof - doors etc a nice idea but could cause some fitting issues with the airbrushing/painting system and could take some working out not ideal for someone doing their 1st car build , no plastic options for the pe again another nightmare for a modeller starting out , 1st class decals - being cartograf you cant go wrong as long as they fit ?

Overall a very nice looking kit but not one for the beginner , a tamiya will go together without thinking about but this one I think will need a lot of planning and thinking about at every stage , I like that challenge

On the downside on opening the kit found it had 3 rear tyres and 1 front tyre , my wife got this from hiroboy so I sent an email and will phone them on the 4th Jan when they are back to work to see how good their customer service is and SimilR - watch this space

For what this kit costs I expect more ( ie correct amount of tyres - 2 for the back 2 for the front - it can`t be that hard to get right can it ) but will reserve judgement untill I start building it and can get the wrong tyre issues sorted out

this is only my opinion

Richy

View attachment 37774View attachment 37775View attachment 37776View attachment 37777

View attachment 41904

View attachment 41905

View attachment 41906

View attachment 41907

ford gt 014.jpg

ford gt 002.jpg

ford gt 006.jpg

ford gt 010.jpg

H

harrier-1973

Nice looking model, that it a stunning vehicle! Good luck with the build, are you going to post the work-in-progress on the forum?

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Any news on that front tyre? Looks like a good kit though.

Ian M

First Name
Drew
That does look a bit challenging but I'm sure in after building it you'll have a sense of accomplishment (and quite possibly relief!).

No idea how I missed this posting the first time around, only took me over 4 months to see it!!

Did you get the tyre thing sorted? I've heard Hiroboy customer services are pretty good.

R

Richy C

Was sorted pretty much straight away Drew , Steve at Hiroboy opened a new kit for me just for one tyre - their customer service is 1st class , as for the model its in the stash but will be a while before it gets a look in as I`ve a couple of tamiya 1/12 F1 cars on the go at present .

Cheers

Richy

C

Curtis

My local model shop has a couple of these in! Got to say I was very tempted.....