Simon's Mandalorian Razor Crest, Revell 1/72

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Sorry for the delay in any updates i have managed to assemble the inner hull of the ship
image.jpgimage.jpg
along with the ceiling and cockpit floor same thing!!!
image.jpg
Wiring is for the rear cockpit space
in place but not fixed yet
image.jpg
Then this all fits snugly in the main fuselage shell, but i need to give the door openings a quick coat of paint as i suspect these areas will be seen when assembled
lastly i have trial fitted the engine component's
image.jpg

thats about as far on as i am, I’m waiting to solder up the internal led for the engine (copied from you tube build) once i get the cable for it but it looks the dogs ##s. Detail and fit is really really good, i am enjoying this build So much more than i though
more as and when i can get going,
simon

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks very convincing. As you say you want to show a video of it, does it flicker?

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Simon,
I’m interested to know more about the LED’s and power source you are using on this kit. What do you used etc.
I just got this kit myself and I’m interested in doing something similar.

Thanks n

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Hi Simon,
I’m interested to know more about the LED’s and power source you are using on this kit. What do you used etc.
I just got this kit myself and I’m interested in doing something similar.

Thanks n
hi
basically i stripped down 10 led Tee lights, using one of the tee light casings i driled 4 additional holes around the out side and glued the leds in to these holes then i solder them together, you need to check the polarities on the leds, the bulbs have 1 short leg and one long leg -+ then you need to solder the all the positives together and leave a long length of cable to feed through the craft, repate for the negitve side, test before glueing together i used short lengths of computer cable to link all the bulbs & power is just 1 x 3 volt battery per unit or for both

you also need to cut away the outer rims on the truster and drill out the slots as well to allow the light through up side is the whole assembly fits nicly in to the cavity in the engine although i used some foam to take up the play glue gun or rubber would work as well to keep them central
i have some other pictures i will post later
led's i bought 20 or so for a couple of quid from Amazon

any question let me know is easy

simon

Last edited:

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
well at long last made it to the model room …
1st of, the engine parts with the holes drilled and the fins cut down, drilling the slotted holes was tricky but not hard cleaded up with a scalpel then i cut down the outter fins using a razor saw and scribed the inner side with a scalpel & broke them off again cleaned up the ragged edges lastly i drilled the centre hole. Before and after picture below there is an ailinment notch but its not really required.2D4D54C8-66A5-4E00-8635-F53A8B91D37A.jpeg
i have now put the inner cabin in the hull along with the doors these all fitted and work well with very little fettling or cleaning
05FB3EDD-CD22-4ACD-83E4-E5AA54CE7DB2.jpeg
then i noticed its really dark in the cargo bay and all that detail is lost in the gloom so i popped a couple of holes in the ceiling and light it up
FFE7F368-ADCD-4A26-9DD2-2705BCA73F19.jpeg
luckily therebis loads of room for the wiring so i decided to add the battery pack to this area as well and i will add a switch to the rear cargo door area once it arrives. E966F0E6-9F83-4E16-93E7-525D2121755E.jpeg
so after this i tested all the bulbs and my ruff wiring lay out and .. bugger me it all worked
B420FDC0-B004-4C8A-BE7A-FB7BE5549FE4.jpeg015EA7F5-EB47-4996-8FF7-84FE4A93655B.jpeg
Ok top of the craft i have primed no pictures yet but i will press on over the weekend see where i get looks like rain so no garden duties or bike riding
simon

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks good, and yeah, if you’re adding lights anyway, you might as well stick some more in to illuminate dark areas :smiling3:

I take it the battery pack will be accessible so you can change them when they run out?

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
That looks good, and yeah, if you’re adding lights anyway, you might as well stick some more in to illuminate dark areas :smiling3:

I take it the battery pack will be accessible so you can change them when they run out?
Put in 3 x 2032’s cell battery‘s, the ones in my shack have lasted about 3 years, but once these run down it will be game over, not they will be used much short sighted i know but they draw little power so whats to loose !,,

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
As promised she is now black … been awhile since i airbrushed this big a kit but turnded out quite well still in the booth and left to drying out over night
so im off to watch the bsb moto gp racing was great if anyone managed to catch it ..
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
simon