Simple and Small

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No the damned Pigeons, although one of the daughters might think I meant him as well .

Wibble please continue with your tablets that the health professionals gave you ;).
Wobble.
Roll on St Ives !

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
We seem to say that about any species that successfully adapts to live in the sprawling urban environment we creat John. Rock Doves, Foxes, Rats, Seagulls, all get labelled like this. On the other hand we try to “protect” the “pretty“ species under threat from our encroachment. Weird aren’t we. Personally I work on the premise that rock doves don’t hurt me so I don’t hurt them. Just remember that if we didn’t have developed health care and sanitation we would also be “riddled with disease”. I suppose that if rock doves, foxes, gulls etc collected their droppings together and dumped them in a river we’d say they were civilised :crying:
Tim
Visit any open Church tower , or similar, the piegon mess can be so thick you wouldn't believe it.
Full of mites, etc. That's why you see so many netted ledges around buildings these days, this has resulted in many of the birds turning to urban gardens .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim
Visit any open Church tower , or similar, the piegon mess can be so thick you wouldn't believe it.
Full of mites, etc. That's why you see so many netted ledges around buildings these days, this has resulted in many of the birds turning to urban gardens .
Yet after the boat race this year the winning team were warned not to throw the cox in the Thames as the water was contaminated, and they then had to jet wash the turds off of the boats…..and the water has detectable levels of illegal substances. Despite this we complain about the mess made by displaced wildlife and let the water companies etc continue to rip us off.
I have sparrows nesting under my roof tiles and bats nesting under my soffit boards. If the mess gets too bad I simply scrub it off. Perhaps if some of these institutions spent a few quid on maintenance and rubbish clearance rather than screwing every last penny out of their profit margin we wouldn’t have the problem. Sorry if I’m pontificating here, but I get pretty annoyed when the first response to wildlife is “it’s causing a problem, kill it”….

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi guys,
Did the first pass on the base today with paint and caulking. I also primed the bench and lamp post and did some zinathel highlights.
IMG_20240508_221435.jpg
Will need detailing the base with grime, moss and rust stains. Also thinking of a bit of rubble on the side and discarded refuse paper and bottles. Perhaps a flattened jerry and or ammunition can.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This looks incredibly realistic. Amazing work!
Thanks Vizenz, first time doing the foam it. Have always sculpted with putty in the past. This is much easier.
That’s fantastic Richard. I love the polished effect you’ve got on the stone setts, they look real.
Thanks Tim, the method is similar to chipping on armour washing away the sludge.
That already looks great.
Thanks Jim, it's actually about 40% done and still much more to do.
Looking good Richard
Thank you Lee.
Damn Richard, that is just so realistic. Amazing work.
Thanks Doug, I'm also taken aback by the finish but left as it is I don't think it will cut it for the judges. The bar is always set higher everytime.

No WIP today as the idiot box got the better of me.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wabble, you amaze us, sitting here taking it all in.
Wibble.
Thanks Mike, missed your comment in all that clutter. I don't mind it though...interesting discourse.
Brilliant! that's really clever

Miko (a bit in awe)
Thanks Miko, these things only happen when you can't find any alternative but to make them and turning out to be a surprise... it's always experimental for me.

Cheers,
Wabble

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry I've fallen way behind on your work Wabble. This looks to be another great work in the making. Great Pigeons and dio works too! I'll keep up now to see what happens Buddy.

Prost
Allen