Simple and Small

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I said that too when I saw the bulb shape at the end of the heated rod. :smiling6:
I've just realised that I've neglected to comment on this, even though I've been following along. Another masterclass Richard.
Thanks Andy, glad to have noticed your likes.
Amazing work!
Thank you Arnold.

I've done the glass panels with white glue but haven't taken any pictures until I have touched up the bits of glue that had wondered off the edge. It dried up nice and clear...no need for Krystal kleer.

Cheers,
Wabble

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work Richard. It’s the attention to detail that makes your dios stand out like they do :thumb2:

On another note though, are you sure they wouldn’t have been gas lamps at this time?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That is a super bit of work. Sorry, I might have missed this in an earlier post - does that light actually work?
Thanks Arnold, I wish...would have been too much work.
Fantastic work on the light and light bulb Richard, little things like that make all the difference.
Thanks Ian, I try to cram as much detail so there's more to see in a dio.
Brilliant work as always, Richard. Can I just say though, putting filaments in light bulbs is just showing off :smiling: ;).
John.
Thank you John, once in a while I get carried away. :smiling6:
Excellent work Richard. It’s the attention to detail that makes your dios stand out like they do :thumb2:

On another note though, are you sure they wouldn’t have been gas lamps at this time?
Thanks Tim, it did occur to me that it could have been lighted other than electrically but wasn't sure how gas lit lamp posts looked like and how it contained the gas. :thinking: Something to ponder for a moment. I'm guessing that all were electric after WW1.

Cheers,
Wabble

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Arnold, I wish...would have been too much work.

Thanks Ian, I try to cram as much detail so there's more to see in a dio.

Thank you John, once in a while I get carried away. :smiling6:

Thanks Tim, it did occur to me that it could have been lighted other than electrically but wasn't sure how gas lit lamp posts looked like and how it contained the gas. :thinking: Something to ponder for a moment. I'm guessing that all were electric after WW1.

Cheers,
Wabble
A lot of uk houses, streets, and things like railway stations (especially in more rural areas) were still gas or oil lit until the fifties Richard. Don’t know about the continent, but can’t see why it would be different. Apparently there are still about 1500 used in London…….all royal parks, buck house, and large areas of Westminster have them.
They looked like this…..
IMG_2111.jpeg
This is from Sweden in 1953, but I would think they are all pretty similar.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
A lot of uk houses, streets, and things like railway stations (especially in more rural areas) were still gas or oil lit until the fifties Richard. Don’t know about the continent, but can’t see why it would be different. Apparently there are still about 1500 used in London…….all royal parks, buck house, and large areas of Westminster have them.
They looked like this…..
View attachment 510002
This is from Sweden in 1953, but I would think they are all pretty similar.
I see Tim, thanks. So there will be a person to light these individually every night. Looks like I'll loose some points if the judges find out there's a bulb in mine. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I see Tim, thanks. So there will be a person to light these individually every night. Looks like I'll loose some points if the judges find out there's a bulb in mine. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble
Possibly not Richard. As I said, it depends on the area. Metropolitan Paris or West end London would probably have electric light, other less fashionable areas may not have. Also depends how aware of all this the judges are ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys,
Slowly detailing and painting...spent today painting the stuff on the bench.
IMG_20240529_194130.jpgIMG_20240529_194236.jpg
If you compare the previous photos you will notice some new touch ups on the base, fence wall and rubble. Basically getting the direction of the light from the left.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That is amazing work Wabble, well done mate.
Thank you so much Garry. Glad you like it.
Possibly not Richard. As I said, it depends on the area. Metropolitan Paris or West end London would probably have electric light, other less fashionable areas may not have. Also depends how aware of all this the judges are ;)
Ah Tim, fingers crossed they aren't enlightingly wise. :smiling6: I'm wondering if the Alsace region would be electrically lighted by wars end?

Cheers,
Wabble