SITE SEEING-GREECE 1942.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top job Si...No blood and guts, just one great scene.

Coupled with some excellent use of shadows, it makes for a great piece of modelling.

Well done.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well done Si, another quality dio from yourself...again! :D

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Superb mate truly superb , I thought this was in 1/76 not 1/35 ! Your figures are very well painted mate and they fit perfectly into the scene :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great dio Si, i do like it, the base and figures are very well done, ;)

D

dubster72

Brilliant job Si! Great base, well painted figures & the Panzer III is a treat by itself!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A great atmospheric model. Love the figures the elements of the dio all work together beautifully.

Great stuff

Paul

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fantastic! Would love to know where you dio builders get your inspiration. Maybe one day I will have a go.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thank you, appreciate the kind words, glad you like it.

Si:smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

Excellent - I love the ruined temple and the way the figures are posed. Really creative.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Fantastic! Would love to know where you dio builders get your inspiration. Maybe one day I will have a go.
Hi Paul, thank you for your kind words, appreciate it. As for dios, always enjoyed making them, they seem to work out better than the actual models themselves lol. I look at pictures, in reference books, or on the web. Get an idea and then just have a look in the bits bin. One thing for making dios, is never throw anything away-I have three deep drawers full of bits-50% may never be used but the rest will be added to something at some point. Next is working out your scale, if you make a 1/35 then the dio should reflect the scale, wooden telegraph poles, fencing, hedges etc. It can be loads of fun, more than making the model. Try a simple grassed dio for a model and see how even that can bring more life into your model.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Dave
I like it, I really enjoy scenery which is why i ended up with a model rail layout but i think i can get my scenic fix doing dios hopefully as good as yours.

Dave