Skif 1/35 KMBD T-55M Tank (00222)

W

Weeman0000

Hello, I quite like your build, I was reading the posts on your other build (00225) and there are both good and bad things. I'm just starting out as well so im by no means good at it but there are some basic problems, mainly down to the build quality tho.

This could just be a bad kit. Iv had fairly ill-fitting hull parts before which have caused a fair amount of frustration, but whenever i look at the model i always remember the hard parts of the build that i finally got right.

Also the tracks, this and indeed the 00225 build are rather squint and warped out of shape. Again, fairly common with some kits, iv had it myself when the tracks were thrown under all the plastic or crammed into a corner inside the box. They take a while to fix as well, but the end result looks great.

On to the good stuff! Paint job looks nice and you still have all that lovely detail. The wheels are really nice as well as the engine grill. Unable to see clearly but it looks like there's slight pigment or sand wash on it as well which brings out the details.

Overall its very good, but it does seem rushed, remember its not about the speed. Also, what i like to do with additional parts like the track links on the rear lower and upper right hull is paint them first and then get the superglue out. Really helps if you have shaky hands like me. :rolleyes: Also as others have suggested, ask for help if you need it! Really! i dunno where id be without all the tips iv learned, even stuff iv never thought of doing.

So again, very nice build but it does seem like it was rushed and/or the kit was badly molded. 7/10 :smiling3:

S

steve scan

Great effort, Jason pretty much covered the points, great to see your builds getting better, keep them coming.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Hello, I quite like your build, I was reading the posts on your other build (00225) and there are both good and bad things. I'm just starting out as well so im by no means good at it but there are some basic problems, mainly down to the build quality tho.
This could just be a bad kit. Iv had fairly ill-fitting hull parts before which have caused a fair amount of frustration, but whenever i look at the model i always remember the hard parts of the build that i finally got right.

Also the tracks, this and indeed the 00225 build are rather squint and warped out of shape. Again, fairly common with some kits, iv had it myself when the tracks were thrown under all the plastic or crammed into a corner inside the box. They take a while to fix as well, but the end result looks great.

On to the good stuff! Paint job looks nice and you still have all that lovely detail. The wheels are really nice as well as the engine grill. Unable to see clearly but it looks like there's slight pigment or sand wash on it as well which brings out the details.

Overall its very good, but it does seem rushed, remember its not about the speed. Also, what i like to do with additional parts like the track links on the rear lower and upper right hull is paint them first and then get the superglue out. Really helps if you have shaky hands like me. :rolleyes: Also as others have suggested, ask for help if you need it! Really! i dunno where id be without all the tips iv learned, even stuff iv never thought of doing.

So again, very nice build but it does seem like it was rushed and/or the kit was badly molded. 7/10 :smiling3:
You're beating a dead horse Jason, he'll never respond, he never has:oops:

P

Polux

Yep! I'm with Steve...your builds are getting better every day.

Thanks for share them ;)

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
You're beating a dead horse Jason, he'll never respond, he never has:oops:
He doesn't have to reply, but i'm sure he will read comments. :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looks a nice clean build and with each model you learn more and more

D

dougie

This was April 1st. Hmmm. I tried to get a response before no joy. He could at least acknowledge us! It's better than the last one I saw, a good improvement. :cool:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
This was April 1st. Hmmm. I tried to get a response before no joy. He could at least acknowledge us! It's better than the last one I saw, a good improvement. :cool:
We went through this a while back on another build and it got pretty heated, {us battling each other} so much so that the "man" locked it up, wish he would respond, we're only trying to help but I don't think he gives a rats a**o_O

D

dubster72

\ said:
We went through this a while back on another build and it got pretty heated, {us battling each other} so much so that the "man" locked it up, wish he would respond, we're only trying to help but I don't think he gives a rats a**o_O
Who was that then Jim?? Tell me the name of the antagonist & I'll sort him out for you! ;)

To be fair, it's his choice as to whether he participates in the forum or not. But his display case must a rather monotonous experience!

D

dougie

All aboard!

I don't like it when people just post build threads and completed items, you need to look at others work and comment too, even if it's just an acknowledgement.

No free choice!