small wip

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a really great piece of work there.

The wall poster is a nice touch.

Tony.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice work Aaron. Excellent stuff....

Ron

N

noble

Beautiful piece of work there aaron i llike what you've done.

scott

P

Polux

Top Job Aaron, really nice!! Excellent diorama is comming!

Have fun

Polux

J

James Q

Very nice! Love the poster on the wall too, really brings some realism to it.

First Name
Aaron
Thank you all for looking.I am humbled by your guys work and it means a lot that you checked out my stuffs.I need to make it cold because it has two winter clad figures.Im trolling for an effective but subtle snow effect or thaw

D

dubster72

My favourite snow effect is very cheap & simple Aaron. Bicarbonate of soda mixed with PVA glue & water makes excellent snow. You can sprinkle extra bicarb on top for a ' fresh snow ' look.

Check out my Jagdtiger pics in the gallery for an example of this.

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Another method for snow is simply household white emulsion paint. For the fresh snow look, I put some white polyfilla powder in a fine seive and gently tap it over the model. It's all I ever use and gives me the results I require.

Aaron, you will find there are lots of different methods to achieve 'snow', just have a play with a few until you find one you like......

Cheers,

Ron

First Name
Aaron
Patrick and Ron, Thanks for the tips ill prob use pva and bicarb as i have both at hand. Ill do some tests. Im really looking for it thawed a little maybe some "muddy" Future around the base of the "snow" Ill sleep on the idea.Thanks again guys much appreciated

C

CDW

Great little dio Aaron. nicely laid out and the poster really gives it something extra !!! :smiling3:

For snow i use the bi-carb and PVA method ... you can add tints of paint to it whilst it's wet for some muddying or staining effects to show where wheels or tracks have driven (or been manouvered across it)

I was pleased with my Panzer 1/35 winter dio using this method ... here's the thread for reference.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/dioramas/13932-1-35-panzer-winter-dio.html

First Name
Aaron
Thanks CDW i popped over to your post and i like what i see a lot, I hope to see a lot more of your work :anicam:

I wonder what it will look like if i throw some pigments into the mix.

C

CDW

i've found that some pigments just get "held in suspension" and don't mix well enough so i use cheap acrylic paints (the type in tubes you use to paint a canvass watercolour)

Thanks for the comments on the dio :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Cheers CDW mate you have saved me wasting precious mig pigments. I have acrylic paints so i hope to get some bench time in tomorrow (1 am here at the moment) so later on today lol.

I also went through your gallery CDW some great stuff there, especially the large panzer 2 dio, Top stuff.