So very annoying! Spray and crackling paint

T

Tristan

Hi Guys,

Can I have some advice on some unfortunate cracking of paint on the engines that I am spraying midnight blue and light grey primer at the moment? I have literally just sprayed it and I think I may've put a bit too much paint on, a few engines I believe are fine but others are a bit worse for wear.

Paint remover? I just want to completely re-do these engines!

Thanks,

Tristan

T

tecdes

What paint are you using Tristan ? Manufacturer & type of paint ?

Also what did you spray with ? Easier then to give an answer on this one Tristan.

Laurie

First Name
Aaron
If its acrylic bro soak it in a sealed bag with oven cleaner overnight.wear gloves when cleaning the oven cleaner off with a soft toothbrush and water. The only hassle ive had with cracking paint was when i sprayed too thick over hairspray. Good luck...hth.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I've had paint do that to me. I don't think humidity and hot temperatures are much good for painting in. If you have left it near a lamp to try and speed up the drying time this may have caused your crazed effect. As Aaron said, you can use oven cleaner to weaken the paint and then scrub it under running water. This works for enamels too. http://www.scale-models.co.uk/painting/15763-paint-removal-kit-restoration.html

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've used ordinary brake fluid to strip both acrylic and enamel paint.

Gern