So where'd they go?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent work Patrick and in the small scale too. It looks like a 1/35 dio . Loving the weed (oops that sounds a bit dodgy!) great job , cheers tony

D

dubster72

Dave & Tony thank you! :smiling3:

I'll probably be asking advice on 1/72 Soviet aircraft for next year's GB's!

L

Laurie

Very nice Patrick. Nice bit if weathering especially as I am in learning mode. Any chance of a closer look at the weathering and how you went about it.

Like the faux type grass ery realistic.

Laurie

D

dubster72

\ said:
Very nice Patrick. Nice bit if weathering especially as I am in learning mode. Any chance of a closer look at the weathering and how you went about it.Like the faux type grass ery realistic.

Laurie
Hi Laurie,

For close up pictures of the P3, you'd be best off looking at the completed build thread

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/revell-1-72-panzer-iii-ausf-m.28469/

As far as the weathering goes, I don't follow much of a set plan, it's quite ad-hoc!

I like to use oils for pin washes, and to add some tonal variation to the colours. I do this buy putting small dots (in this case, tiny dots!) of raw paint on the model & with a stiff brush I jab at the dots. This blends them & spreads them out evenly until you have a near translucent covering.

Chipping is done with a sponge & very small brush (00 & 000) and also with coloured pencils. A metallic sheen is obtained by rubbing areas & edges with an HB pencil.

That's it I think!

L

Laurie

Thanks Patrick . Regret I missed your pictures of your earlier thread which are just right. It is only in the last couple of weeks that I have become interested in armour. Soon I will be starting on some Afganistan stuff so I am gathering as much information as possible. One of my problems being that there are no clubs in Jersey and therefore no direct real time tuition. In fact I have not seen one model, which is not mine, in the 4 years I have been model making.

Thanks for your time in giving an explanation.

Laurie

Regret

D

dubster72

No problem Laurie! I've never seen another model in real life myself!

Whenever you start your Op Herrick ground stuff, we're all here to help :smiling3: