motor12.jpg

motor13.jpg

motor14.jpg

motor16.jpg

motor17.jpeg

motor18.jpg

D

duncan

Great pics Adz, would love to know ships names and a wee plug for the modellers involved.

K

KenP

Really envy you the boating lake.

I live near Bournemouth and there is a real shortage of anywhere decent to sail.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Stunning photographs Adzam,keep them coming I love them,if we had a lake like that around here I just could be tempted to build something like that,you are lucky to have such superb facilities.

A

adzam

these pics where taken at a local classic car show at teh ingliston showground today,

for more info on models, i believe ajg , or other EMBC members could enlighten us .

A

ajg141

First time I've sailed at this venue - and it was excellent. Beautiful clear water - you could see Turbulent sitting on the bottom! Trouble is it's difficult to work the camera and sub at the same time or I would have had some pics. Wish our usual pond was as clear. Could have done with a bit more rudder lock on Resolution and Turbulent though.

G

George

The first pictures show some of the models by Davie Jack.

the second is Nigel Coates and his HMS Peacock,

The third is part of the Kinloch family collection.

The last is HMS Peacock and Doug Kinloch's Cruiser/Carrier.

This is not our usual sailing water, makes a change from sailing in SWAN SOUP

George

N

noobee captain

I was going to say that was not the Edinburgh pond I went to last year. I heard that they drained it and at one point you could only sail if you took your own bucket of water.

My local club's pond closed and they were offered the use of another in the town. As it is 8ft deep, they declined. They now share a pond about 8 miles away with rowing boats. For those hardy enough the sailing on Sunday morning starts at 6am !!!

Shows that the club I joined are very very lucky indeed to have a large pond and premises supplied (but not maintained) by the council.

Anyway, nice pictures!

A

ajg141

6.00am - a bit early for me! I usually stagger down to Inverleith about 11.30 - not allowed to leave until the Factfinder crossword in Saturday's 'Scotsman' is more or less completed. Henpecked at home and swanpecked at the pool. Can't win!