Something new for me......

F

fatty

After going to the Nottingham Model Railway Exhibition I ended up buying this to try something new......

I bought a model train....

Its a white metal and brass model of a crane thingy and a carraige from Finecast....

Now I have always stayed away from "metal" models for some reason, but I am actually liking this kit....

The reason why I bought this kit was simple.....

"thought it looked cute and had carracture".....

I have decided to add a little more to the model..... for starters there is a flickering light for the fire box (short clip below)

The other was a smoke emiter to replace the existing chimney, unfortunatley the 12volt source I have just doesnt have enough "umph!" to power it.....

I picked up some other bits to go with, tree, stone wall, water tower and a van. I thinks this will be the final layout of the diarama. ?

This is how far I am today.......

B

Bunkerbarge

Very nice little model and an unusual subject. It should make for an interesting diorama and give you a chance to try out a few new techniques.

Thanks for the pictures, I'm looking forward to seeing some more as the model progresses.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
What a fascinating subject,Wills Finecast have been around for quite some time now and excellent kits.

F

fatty

Built and started to paint the carraige today, and also started adding detail to the base....