Soviet Tank Group Build

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great idea, might tempt me into my first tank purchase for a long time….always fancied building a good T34 kit! Which one would you recommend John?
Plenty out there Tim, if you don't want to spend a small fortune then the Tamiya 35059 would be ok. I've seen some makes up to the £100 mark, certainly not something I would want to pay.
  • Total of 5,218 tanks (including 1,380 Valentines from Canada) were sent to Russia.

Us and English Tanks to to chose from.
Stuart MK 5
Sherman M4
Stuart M3
Grant M3
Chaffee M24
Churchill 1V
Valentine MK2
Cruiser MKV111.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Plenty out there Tim, if you don't want to spend a small fortune then the Tamiya 35059 would be ok. I've seen some makes up to the £100 mark, certainly not something I would want to pay.
  • Total of 5,218 tanks (including 1,380 Valentines from Canada) were sent to Russia.

Us and English Tanks to to chose from.
Stuart MK 5
Sherman M4
Stuart M3
Grant M3
Chaffee M24
Churchill 1V
Valentine MK2
Cruiser MKV111.
John thanks for helping us out makes it so much easier.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Does an SU 100 count as a tank?........sort of a Russian StuG on Steroids :tongue-out3: .....if so, I'm in.
No really Rick, as the turret didn't turn. That seems to be the only difference that I can see. One of my favourite German Crushers .:nerd: The Germans were rightly concerned when they saw it. it knocked out everything as its shell was so large and armour piercing. One hit on a Tiger turret could kill all the crew inside.I'm looking for a second hand one :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Lee

Just spoke to Junior, he is in. It will be him on his own other than a bit of guidance.

We already have some Valentine's for Lend-Lease, hence my question earlier.

Thanks for the idea.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So I guess I'm not doing this one........AWWWWWWWWW Shucks!:confounded:

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee

Just spoke to Junior, he is in. It will be him on his own other than a bit of guidance.

We already have some Valentine's for Lend-Lease, hence my question earlier.

Thanks for the idea.

Andrew
Ok I’ll update the list. What will he be building?

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
So I guess I'm not doing this one........AWWWWWWWWW Shucks!:confounded:
Rick. The SU100 was a Soviet Tank so it counts you can have any Soviet tank captured or Lend Lease or ones they built so if you have a SU100 your in. Shall I add you to the list??

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Lee,

Oh what the heck.........I've got 3 Rooskie tanks in the stash, but one is more than half built. Glad you allowed the SPG's as I have the Trumpeter SU-152 late as one of them too. I also have a Zvezda T-34/85 that's only had the hull glued together (4 pieces) IIRC. Great to see you going ahead with this GB Lee. Should be a good one and it gives me time to finish Peter's GB too!!!....

I'll have to look at the T-34/85 to make sure it's not more than 25% started and get back to you on what I will build. Looks like JR is all over this too!!!

Prost
Allen (Retired)

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hey Lee,

Oh what the heck.........I've got 3 Rooskie tanks in the stash, but one is more than half built. Glad you allowed the SPG's as I have the Trumpeter SU-152 late as one of them too. I also have a Zvezda T-34/85 that's only had the hull glued together (4 pieces) IIRC. Great to see you going ahead with this GB Lee. Should be a good one and it gives me time to finish Peter's GB too!!!....

I'll have to look at the T-34/85 to make sure it's not more than 25% started and get back to you on what I will build. Looks like JR is all over this too!!!

Prost
Allen (Retired)
Yes I’m glad to have you and that will work. I read everyone’s GB and decided on the date so it wouldn’t interfere with other GB. I’ll add you to the list let me know what you are building when you get time. JR thinks it’s still Christmas after I posted this GB but I’m glad he’s here to keep it in line

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here’s the Updated List:

Lee Drennen (me) 1/72 Italeri KV-1 m41
adh70hk Junior (Valentine)
Mark1 1/35 zvezda IS2
John Race
David Lovell
Tim Marlow
Dave Ward 1/35 ICM T34/ 76 (Late 1943 production)
Therapy
Rick H. SU 100
Allen Dewire

Last edited: