Special Hobby P-35 Swedish defender

N

norm

Built this over three days, as I'm helping with the building of a 1/4th scale one of these Severskys for the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City, NY, and I felt like having one of my own. Also won me one of their new 1/32nd Hawker Tempests, so quite pleased about that.

SAM_1370.JPG

SAM_1371.JPG

SAM_1373.JPG

SAM_1374.JPG

SAM_1375.JPG

SAM_1376.JPG

T

T. van Vuuren

Is that the little kit with the resin engine and some PE bits?If so I think I have one in the stach.

You certanly got the camo down well, it looks the part...but winning a 1/32 Tempest with it is just a superb bonus!

Interesting to see the front of the prop also in camo.

Theuns

Last edited:
N

norm

Yep, it's 1/72nd, photoetch for cockpit parts and some external bits, resin for the landing gear farings and the wing MGs. Camo was intersting to do, as the light green is zinc chromate that I brush painted olive drab over the top of.

T

T. van Vuuren

I had a look, my kit is the MPM upgraded kit of the P-35, I believe it is the same thing as yours (re-boxed)

Did you use the kit decals? If so how did they go down?

Theuns

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice do real like your camo on it,well done,looks a nice clean build, 9_9

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Stunning little fighter Norm. Very effective camouflage scheme, nicely executed.

N

norm

I had a look, my kit is the MPM upgraded kit of the P-35, I believe it is the same thing as yours (re-boxed)

Did you use the kit decals? If so how did they go down?

Theuns

Yes I did. They were a bit thick and rigid, not too reluctant to contour to the surface shape, but needed a little persuading, and a fair bit of setting solution as well to conform to the panel lines.

T

T. van Vuuren

cool thsanx. In my mpm kit they give decals for a nice alluminium USAAF plane, I might go for that one.

Theuns

First Name
Mike
Looks great Norm, really like the camo. This kit's been on my wish list for a while – I actually had one, and then like an idiot I sold it!
doh.gif

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cracking build Norm, a terrific P35!

And congrats on the win!

Cheers

P