Spectrum Patrol vehicle (Dinky)...

First Name
Andy
Hi all,

Just finished this one, not found any tyres for it yet though...

When I first got it...

And now...

I polished the glass (plastic) up with fine grade paper, body was stripped, primed and then I used Model Air Red a couple of coats of Candy Apple Red and finished with a couple of lacquer...

Thank you for looking...

J

Jazz

good paint job, are you going to make the insignias yourself on not have any?

C

CDW

Good job Andy, amazing the plastics survived looking at the state of the car.

Can't promise anything but i'll see if i can find my box of corgi/dinky bits in the loft, i'm sure there were a load of tyres in that, if i find them i'll PM you for your addy ok.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I remember playing with one of these at school with my mates.

Great paint job.

Tony.

D

Dour

Nice work. What is the gears underneath for - was it a pull back and go?

C

CDW

\ said:
Nice work. What is the gears underneath for - was it a pull back and go?
It was part of a sparking mechanism that worked when you pushed it along, you could see the sparks and flashes through the blue tinted rear plastic windows

First Name
Andy
\ said:
Good job Andy, amazing the plastics survived looking at the state of the car.Can't promise anything but i'll see if i can find my box of corgi/dinky bits in the loft, i'm sure there were a load of tyres in that, if i find them i'll PM you for your addy ok.
Hi Colin,

Many thanks for the very kind offer, I managed to order some from here...: - Dinkyclub.com

\ said:
It was part of a sparking mechanism that worked when you pushed it along, you could see the sparks and flashes through the blue tinted rear plastic windows
Thank you for that, I never had one as a kid so wasn't sure if it was a pull back and release, but sadly the cogs are a little too worn so it no longer works...

C

CDW

\ said:
Hi Colin,Many thanks for the very kind offer, I managed to order some from here...: - Dinkyclub.com
No problems Andy, if you get stuck in future renovations it might be worth asking if i've got the bits, give me an excuse to trash the loft :smiling3: :smiling3:

Don't forget a piccie of this one when you've got the tyres, ariel and decals (if you bother) on

Last edited: