Spitfire F/Mk.VII (Tartan Version)

P

Polux

Spitfire F/Mk.VII 1/72 Scale Italeri No 1318 (Tartan Version)

It's the evening of Sunday. I didn't like to continue with the labor of painting the large-scale tank ... very monotonous.

Trying to evade of it, I have opened the small blue box. Minuscule pieces of plastic were going out throughout, tiny if there are compared with the pieces to scale 1/6 that I was supporting in my hands a little time behind.

Little by little the major attention to sand the pieces and to join them, I begin to increase my interest.

I can say with firmness that this project has begun!

The today balance sheet is, all pieces prepared and primed, and a base of wood with "land" and the partial one of road stuck. In no case I will do a diorama, rather a small scene.

Probably the curiosity of this plane it's his location and painting. Left and hung on a mast, with the advertising of a small aerodrome. His principal and back wings will be painted by the forms of a tartan.

The principal body will be painted with an alone color, I'm interested in doing effects of weathering, That on the tartan must not visible.

This one is the principal idea, if I can, I will try not to change it.

I have passed hours looking tartans ... here I leave you all a link, even not if will be the official ones... there are so many..... Simply I want nott to meddle or mistake in a topic with many history and that I don't know enough.

Mackenzie Tartan

Thank you very much to all!

Regards

Polux

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yes, should be fun to watch. Interesting subject again Polux, look forward to seeing it evolve.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Go for it polux! i cant wait to see this one , its going to be great, cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
When a Tartan Spitfire was suggested, I didn't think anyone would have a go. So I'll definately follow this with interest.

Tony.

C

Caledonia

Hi Polux, WOW you do like a challenge - cann't wait to see the finished model, how about a thistle on the tail!!! Cheers Derek

P

Polux

Thank you very much to all for your support friends!!!

Go for it!!!!

Polux

P

Polux

Hi!!!

Here you have the first pics.

All is primed in light grey and some parts are painted in green.

The base is started too, some ground and the road.

This weekend I will have a battle with my airbrush and the type mask!!! I will start to try paints....what will happen???

Thanks to all

Polux

View attachment 51257View attachment 51258View attachment 51259View attachment 51260View attachment 51261View attachment 51262

View attachment 53848

View attachment 53849

View attachment 53850

View attachment 53851

View attachment 53852

View attachment 53853

View attachment 53854

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

dio1.jpg

dio2.jpg

T

tecdes

Pollux just got here for the first time missed it.

Clan Mackenzie Society of Scotland and the UK Try this their tartan should be spot on.

But then why Mackenzie. Much better a Stewart Tartan there is a great choice of about 10 from Royal to Hunting Stewart. Stewarts are much nicer people as well. Whoops ?

Are you going to paint the tartan or use tartan cloth ? I am floundering about what is happening here.

Laurie

K

Keith9657

[quote=tecdes;140683

Stewarts are much nicer people as well.

Laurie

Indeed we are, Laurie!

Keith

T

tecdes

Phew if I had known you were a Stewart (or a post Queen Mary Stuart) Keith I would have poured success on everything you have produced !

Laurie

P

Polux

\ said:
Pollux just got here for the first time missed it.Clan Mackenzie Society of Scotland and the UK Try this their tartan should be spot on.

But then why Mackenzie. Much better a Stewart Tartan there is a great choice of about 10 from Royal to Hunting Stewart. Stewarts are much nicer people as well. Whoops ?

Are you going to paint the tartan or use tartan cloth ? I am floundering about what is happening here.

Laurie
I was afraid that this was happening!!

For me the important thing or the challenge it's to paint a tartan in a plane.

I don't know the families and clans, and much dwells his meaning.

After many tartans observed I decided on this one, simply by the color and possibility of creating, don't more!!

I will look for others, but don't interpret badly his meaning, I would not like to put in against the people of the forum for a painting that I don' know!!

And answering to your question, I will be paint it!! Not to put a piece of tartan!!!

Though it's not a bad idea (more fast)!!

Regards

Polux

C

CDW

the Wilson dress tartan is the smartest ... ahem..... for obvious reasons :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: ;)

T

tecdes

Pollux this is all tongue in cheek. Do not take any notice it is all fun.

All the tartans are great & all have great history behind them.

Great to wear. I have two in the wardrobe. Regretably they have both, over the years, seen fit to shrink especially around the belly ?

Laurie

P

phalinmegob

good luck polux, you must be mad, i would not even know where to start on masking a tartan camo

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would 'cheat' and make a decal.

Ian M

P

Polux

\ said:
I would 'cheat' and make a decal.Ian M
I hope you don't be angey with me Ian. You gave to me the idea of this madness.

It's a shared work, if you want! :thumbs-up:

Polux

K

Keith9657

\ said:
I would 'cheat' and make a decal.Ian M
I think airbrushing it is the way forward! :smile1::scotland:

Laurie, mine seem to have shrunk too. I can still get into the one I got married in but its not comfortable - or pretty!

Keith

C

CDW

Keith and Laurie ... dont worry ... from looking at some of the young people around Edinburgh during the "Fringe", "Mini-kilts" are apparently fashionable. :smiling3: :smiling3:

Polux, what have you got yourself into here, i'm really looking forward to seeing this creation emerge. :smiling3: :smiling3: