Spitfire VB - Tamiya 1/48

B

backonthecase

Been a while since I posted (or indeed built anything), but my token Spitfire is nearing completion and I thought I'd use it as an excuse to try out my Christmas present to myself, Nikon S4150.

Comments bring em on :smiling3:

Stuart

First Name
Dave
Very nice build.The paint finish is superb.Nice camouflage job.

B

backonthecase

Thanks Dave I'm glad you like it, there are a couple bits I'm not happy with mainly due to blu-tack placement but I will work on it for next time.... The decals were challenging to say the least especially the double layered roundel ones :sad: pain in the ***!

Thanks again Dave, Will post more when It's done. One more coat of matt on the underside then final assembly awaits.

Stuart

D

dubster72

That's top notch Stuart, excellent paintwork & picking out the panel lines. Stuff like this is invaluable to me,as I'm looking to do aircraft rather than just AFV's.

Patrick

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Stuart - I have to agree on the 'dual layered' decals. I did not bother with the backings on either of my two Tamiya 48 Spits, there was no colour bleed through at all. Great work on yours....

B

backonthecase

Thank you very much Patrick and Andrew, receiving praise on panel lines has made me chuffed as I wasn't sure if it was too stark....

Barry, If I'd thought ahead I would have painted white spots, as the red/blue decals have no white on them - so the white is needed under the lower wing and fuselage roundels..... not the best but I'll know for next time to paint white spots under them.

Thanks for commenting guys

Stuart

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thats different then to the MkV trop and Mk 1 that I built Stuart....

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
i am about to start my spitfire ......... after looking at your pics , i now know what mine is supposed to look like when finished (with a ton of luck i may even get close ...:emo4:smiling3:....excellant work ....great camo job, excellant weathering, great looking panel lines ....

l

indsey

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely looking spit stuart , excellent paint finish, cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Awesome panel lines, mind you the rest is great too.

Have fun, John

B

backonthecase

I think everyone needs one Colin, nice little kit - well up to Tamiya's usual standards. This one was a limited edition with figures, tool bench and dog. I bought it from someone on here but don't remember who (sorry whoever you are)...

Thanks for the kind comments guys

Stuart

A

ajcmac

It's look great. Already added to my favorites.

Will be helpful for me. I am starting my Spitfire Mk Vb in the scale 1/32 of the Hobby Boss.

ajcmac

B

backonthecase

Neeeexxxt....

Nothing much, just the matt varnish done, masking is off the glazing (still bloomin' grubby though). Exhaust stacks on...

Bish bash bosh - final stages :smiling3:

Stuart