St Columba - finished (well, nearly)

B

Bluewavestudios

Very Nice Model Scottie,

Just be careful or Stena will want that one back at Holyhead !!!

Regards.......Mark

S

scottie2212

Very Nice Model Scottie,Just be careful or Stena will want that one back at Holyhead !!!

Regards.......Mark
Thanks Mark,

If the price is right they can borrow it for a week or so.

Scottie

A

adzam

has it been nearly a year !!?!!

scottie she looks stunning, how does she sail ?

S

scottie2212

has it been nearly a year !!?!!scottie she looks stunning, how does she sail ?
Thanks Adz,

It's just 10 days short of a year since I got the plans.

Trials prior to painting went well enough. I had some problems over a tendancy for her to 'wander' but a pair of large rudders brought her under control. She's not got wet since before I started painting her, it'll be her official launching next weekend.

Scottie

U

Uncivil Serpent

Very nice model there Scottie.

Good luck with the launch.

Chris

:no1b:

S

scottie2212

Very nice model there Scottie.Good luck with the launch.

Chris

:no1b:
Thanks Chris, I don't expect any problems other than having to trim her with ballast. I'm looking forward to seeing her on the water and will have still and video cameras at the ready.

Scottie

B

Bluewavestudios

Scottie,

Just viewed your website for the build on this one, very impressive and a lot of work gone into that.

The video of the Bow and Stern doors operating is excellent...a very nice touch to a very nice model.

Regards.......Mark :no1b:

S

scottie2212

Scottie,Just viewed your website for the build on this one, very impressive and a lot of work gone into that.

The video of the Bow and Stern doors operating is excellent...a very nice touch to a very nice model.

Regards.......Mark :no1b:
Thanks Mark.

I have to admit I'm very pleased with the way the doors look when operating, for me it's what brings the model to life. Lifeboats and a few figures scattered around will finish her off nicely.

Scottie

B

Bluewavestudios

Good Luck with the Launch Scottie,

I'm sure she'll be fine and a lot of fun for you too...you should think about entering her for scale model comps as I am sure she will do very well.

Regards.....Mark.