St Columba - Maiden voyage

S

scottie2212

Greetings fellow modellers,

St Columba has completed her maiden voyage without the slightest hiccup :yes:

Pictures and videos can be found on my site.

Thanks for all your comments,

Scottie

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice Work Scottie,

Looks fine to me, I do hope that the duty free shop on board was open as well :beer:

I notice the Loyal Moderator in one of your Pics, I have also sailed on her from Holyhead as well as your Ship.

Regards..........Mark.

S

scottie2212

Nice Work Scottie, Looks fine to me, I do hope that the duty free shop on board was open as well :beer:

I notice the Loyal Moderator in one of your Pics, I have also sailed on her from Holyhead as well as your Ship.

Regards..........Mark.
Thanks Mark,

Unfortunately, in the best traditions of British Government taking away our little 'perks', the shop was closed :chair:

Loyal Moderator is owned by another of our club members.

Since you've sailed on the real thing, do you think you'd have recognised the model without knowing her name?

Best wishes,

Scottie

A

adzam

EXCELLENT scottie, a credit to you . she looks lovely in the water and is a nice different model :picknose:

she`s a bueat` :clap2:

S

scottie2212

EXCELLENT scottie, a credit to you . she looks lovely in the water and is a nice different model :picknose: she`s a bueat` :clap2:
Thanks Chris, I am extremely proud of her :wiggle: and have decided to enter her into some competitions. Realistically, I don't expect her to win, at least not until she's fully finished with lifeboats, car deck and a few cars.

Was this :picknose: a guess or have you been peeking?

Scottie.

B

Bluewavestudios

Yes Scottie, I did recognise the boat but I boo-booed on her name, should have read Loyal Mediator although I am aware that The Loyal Moderator also exists.. Mediator was a RN Auxiliary fleet vessel but I see she is in Private hands now as a chartered diving vessel based up in Scotland.

It was the Mediator as in your pic that I sailed on (probably in her last days as a serving RN Auxiliary fleet vessel).....these are a popular vessel for R/C Models and there is also one in the local club near me.

Regards.......Mark

A

adzam

"Was this :picknose: a guess or have you been peeking?"

the word on the street mate ;)