Steve H, Masterbox 1:24 figures, pewter, milliput and a VW beetle, Simon T's Tribute GB

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning

Lap tray at the ready and these are the victims,
YGciLHA.jpg
G13hlgo.jpg
eTG76x8.jpg
jqNCTSk.jpg

Using a lap tray and lots of milliput, sweat and pewter sheeting, I shall try and create a scene from the Harry Dresden series of books written by Jim Butcher with the 3 characters Harry Dresden, Molly Carpenter and Karrin Murphy and his blue beetle. Mouse the dog will be included but that might have to be sculpt as the one I ordered is more 1/16 size, which is just too big.

More soon?

Regards

Steve H

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm lost for words. Will sit quietly and watch this intriguing project unfold. Good luck my friend

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Now this is something different. Quite a project of which I'm sure Mr T would have approved. I've seen these Masterbox figures advertised but never seen one built. Gonna have to Google Harry Dresden I'm afraid :rolling:
Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Steve. I’ll be watching for sure being I’m a Truck Driver

Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Thanks chaps

More of a turn out than I expected, but all the better for the surprise.

I had planned this as a retirement build when I could just keep at it without having to worry about that work thing, but as its a step outside the comfort zone GB, which was Simon's modelling for most of us OOTB builders, why not have a go.

It wont be a rapid build, which will suit Simon too as he was a multiple starter of intriguing, re build from the basement up sort of modeller, so I shall attempt to make this a suitable tribute to a skilled and sadly missed modeller and valued forum member.

I have been doing some scale drawing work as the 3 characters are very different is size, Harry is 6 foot 7, Molly 5 foot 10 and Karrin 5 foot dead in her bare feet!

I initially thought I could mix scales, but that would not work as the heads alone were all wrong, so time to do some surgery and apply some Dr. Frankenstein stuff.

Jim Butcher is an author my son introduced me to, and a really good read.

So some more later, hopefully once I have the victims re sized to their appropriate places and the VW dipped and striped A'la MMM or Danny's Diecast Disasters from You Tube.

More soon?

Thanks for popping by

Regards

Steve H

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Another slow but steady update on the Dresden build

The kits with bits
the Dresden figure and bits
fnDxGwT.jpg
.A4w8Z6I.jpg

He needs to be much taller?

Karrin,
YGciLHA.jpg
.eFeFkcM.jpg

And Molly
brKDl23.jpg

for the boots
.O0VbftE.jpg

Should have checked the reviews as they turned up like this
.WUfxgf6.jpg

Bu**er.

After some chopping of bits and the scale work we have this
.VNqs3kU.jpg

A quick swap of the girls
OnW76iJ.jpg

I'll just need to do a bit more work on them both!!

Queue the 30's Hollywood horror music and enter Dr Frankenstein

I am keeping the heads Peter. LOL

much better height wise
.pR17DEH.jpg

Next will be arms and hair, then onto the fun stuff, clothes and pewter sheeting

And there is still a VW to mash up too!

Its not a fast build but its getting more enjoyable after each session

More soon?

Thanks

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Sorry Steve, I missed this one. You're really going for it here aren't you? These MB figures are actually very nice - I was given a set of girlies once by a member of another site, including 'Ready' and really enjoyed painting them. Not that there's much left of the originals, though you have kept the heads and they do look good - wished I had that luck.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Very interesting Steve, will tag along & see where you go with this.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow you have gone for it Steve.Lot of figure surgery going on here.Never seen these figures before.Looking good so far!!!!.
Rich

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You have indeed as Richard has said, most impressive work Steve. looking fwd to this whole build .

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Thanks for popping by chaps

The figures seem to be responding to surgery quite well, and its arms and hair next to get the basic shape ready.

Then onto the real fun with Karrin needing a full set of clothes and a shoulder holster as a Police detective.

Molly will need a change as her dress code is teenage but the figure is a very sober police uniform, we shall see, perhaps just some bright colours?

Dresden needs a duster and staff which will be a challenge as I have never used pewter before and have been investigating making dolls clothes

More soon?

And the Beetle too

Regards

Steve H

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Something different Stephen and I like the idea of re-sculpturing of certain parts of the figures to fit the scene. I'm late but I think just in time to witness the surgery.

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks for popping by chaps

The figures seem to be responding to surgery quite well, and its arms and hair next to get the basic shape ready.

Then onto the real fun with Karrin needing a full set of clothes and a shoulder holster as a Police detective.

Molly will need a change as her dress code is teenage but the figure is a very sober police uniform, we shall see, perhaps just some bright colours?

Dresden needs a duster and staff which will be a challenge as I have never used pewter before and have been investigating making dolls clothes

More soon?

And the Beetle too

Regards

Steve H
Looking forward to seeing some pics , Steve

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Afternoon chaps

A little progress with the main cast

They all look whole now, ready to be dressed up

mmKmfmr.jpg

Dresden needs a full length pewter/leather duster, swirling around him with wizard power, staff, blasting rod, hat and scruffy longer hair.

Karrin needs some cloths, probably a tissue blouse with pewter trousers, a shoulder rig, short bob haircut.

Molly is dressed and started with the belt bag first aid kit, just some wands and a bright hair do, with some colourful clothing.

We shall see how things progress

More soon?

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Lovely neat work Steve, and all progressing well with your usual meticulous planning. Have fun with the clothing.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Way beyond what I could attempt. It looks as if you have it all well planned and have already done neat work.
Jim