Steve's 1/32 Scale P-39 in Soviet Service from Andy & Karls Russian aircraft GB

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I hope that this in in the right place. I'm sure someone will fix it, if not. (It is now ;) )

This is a P-39 Q-30 Airacobra of 213 GIAP of the 22 GIAD (Guard Air Fighter Division) of the VVS in early 1945, when the white diagonal recognition marking (and white nose) were introduced. It's built from the Special Hobby kit which is...alright.

I don’t know much about the VVS but my limited research indicated that this unit was one of those that removed the outer machine guns, so that’s what I did.

Shout out to Andy and Karl for coming up with this idea for a group build. I believe this is the first Soviet aircraft I have ever built, albeit it is an American fighter! I’ve got some paints now so who knows, I may take a swing at some more.

Anyway, here’s the finished model, in flight, partly because I find the tricycle undercarriage of the P-39 detracts from its lines, making it look rather ungainly on the ground and partly because that’s the only way I’ll have any room for it.

SFQ.jpg

S.jpg

SRQ.jpg

PRQ.jpg

Port.jpg

PFQ.jpg

Next up, see what Santa brings me. It's not like I haven't been dropping any hints!

Last edited by a moderator:

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice, Steve. Looks really good in the air.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice...I see you're not using the chucking method.

Cheers,
Wabble

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
An excellent result Steve. Looks very sleek in the air.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job steve , the lines of the airacobra certainly improve when its in the air , cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow Steve, a beauty.
Agreed by the Committee
2020DB.jpg
Congratulations.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Lovely work, as always Steve. Quite a good looking aircraft that.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Steve

Thanks for joining the GB and for such a fantastic contribution!

Yet again, another great finish!

Very well done indeed.

ATB

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I hope that this in in the right place. I'm sure someone will fix it, if not. (It is now ;) )

This is a P-39 Q-30 Airacobra of 213 GIAP of the 22 GIAD (Guard Air Fighter Division) of the VVS in early 1945, when the white diagonal recognition marking (and white nose) were introduced. It's built from the Special Hobby kit which is...alright.

I don’t know much about the VVS but my limited research indicated that this unit was one of those that removed the outer machine guns, so that’s what I did.

Shout out to Andy and Karl for coming up with this idea for a group build. I believe this is the first Soviet aircraft I have ever built, albeit it is an American fighter! I’ve got some paints now so who knows, I may take a swing at some more.

Anyway, here’s the finished model, in flight, partly because I find the tricycle undercarriage of the P-39 detracts from its lines, making it look rather ungainly on the ground and partly because that’s the only way I’ll have any room for it.

View attachment 497598

View attachment 497599

View attachment 497600

View attachment 497601

View attachment 497602

View attachment 497604

Next up, see what Santa brings me. It's not like I haven't been dropping any hints!
Blimey,that looks superb Steve,love it :cool: