Steve's Top Gun : Maverick bust 1/5 3D print

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Steve, a question if I may, what do you use to prime your resin busts ? I need some for the Mekon... and wondered if tamiya fine white would be ok ..
cheers

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Steve, a question if I may, what do you use to prime your resin busts ? I need some for the Mekon... and wondered if tamiya fine white would be ok ..
cheers
That’s fine, I use their grey primer, just make sure the resin has a good soapy bath (Ooo Mareon) as it won’t stick if any grease or release agent. Also a couple of misty passes are the best way to apply, let the 1st layer dry first. I have found that games workshop primer does adhere better than the Tamiya primer, but only got a fan of black which is useless when painting figures / busts

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I too use the Tamiya grey primer. Usually decanted for airbrush use. I’ve used the fine white but never liked it at all . I found it shed talcum powder like particles into the overlaying paint job. Nice start on this one, by the way Steve.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thanks guys, I'm going with the Tamiya white as I need the primer colour to help with lightening up the main 'green' without risking 'pastelising'...(is that even a real word?).. the base colour by adding white to it....hope that makes sense...lol

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Phase 2 of flesh (oil colours) added and eyes started, he is off to the box for the weekend and then can start with the veils next week

52738786705_f373ee14b0_o.jpg

52738375211_57b501973f_o.jpg

52738628134_8c05925b78_o.jpg

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is some talent! @Steve Brodie not Tom Cruise!!!!!!!

Thankyou very much

To be fair, it’s from the last movie, and he does look a bit older, on the body he does looks better. Waiting for some new filbert brushes so I can sort his jacket out as not happy with it.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Thankyou very much

To be fair, it’s from the last movie, and he does look a bit older, on the body he does looks better. Waiting for some new filbert brushes so I can sort his jacket out as not happy with it.
I recently watched 'Maverick'. The likeness is amazing. You have copied him well.