Not open for further replies.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I did get a poke the other day so I guess we are getting to that time of year where I need to get my head around the coming years group builds.

So If you have an idea for one this would be a good time to speak.

As some poor bugger (me) has to extrapolate all the ideas from the posts, please keep the suggestion in the first sentence of the post. Any comment and explanation there after.

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

i'll start you off, a sci-fi spaceship, desert storm, a cosford build(anything that can be veiwed at raf cosford museum).they have a great panoramic view on their website for people who have not been there.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Anything that mixes civilian and military. eg Old fighter used as air race 'plane or civilian vehicle commandeered by military.

Gern

P

Plastickitbasher

Ian, four ideas from me.

1) What about an agreed scale, manufacturer Out Of the Box build.

2) An Out Of Comfort Zone build ie build something that is far from your normal builds.

3) A TV/Film based build ie Star Wars, Battle of Britain.

4) A fixed scale build with an element of scratch building

C

CDW

a figure or hardware from eras like medieval, napoleonic, boer war etc

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
What about a weekend special, we set a date well in the future, and all start at Friday 1900 local (to allow for our international friends) and finish at Sunday 1900. Subject open, just do it in 48 hours.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
What about "something alive" build, people, animals, real or imagined etc. My ulterior motive being I've got a giant spider dio in my stash and it'll give me a reason to do it. Not too cheeky I hope.

Tony.

P

Polux

Hi Ian, here I go....

- 'Natural elements'. Free topic and kits, but always with the same element: all we have to do with water or mud or snow....

- 'image film'. Well...you take an image of a film and try to copy it!! Lord of the rings,platoon,terminator...

Polux

T

TonyBv9

From Russia with love - The Great Patriotic War.

A chance to build curiously-shaped aircraft and AFVs.

P

Polux

- Armored vehicle (wheels of "rubber", not tracks)

- Trucks of load

- Light vehicle (jeeps...)

- Slightly familiar Armies (Japanese, spanish, or ....)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Trucks/lorries with a cargo/load has been done,

From a film has been done, as has from a photo. From a film could come up again, its just finding a film all have seen or can get to see. Star wars has got to be one most have seen..... Hmmm

We have had a biker build off and also a sci-fi build.

I would like to suggest a quick look in the GB and SIG sections, before you post an idea. I hope this don't come over as being a grumpy old f*rt, I just want to point out that a good few of the suggestions have been done. Fair enough, we have loads of new members since but I'm after newer ideas.

Ian grumpy git M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I reckon tonys on to a winner with his "something alive" idea . Apart from figures its an area most of us rarely ,if ever, venture into, cheers tony p.s. heres two of mine , how about civilian aircraft? , be it airliners ,light aircraft ,racers, whatever .The other idea was influenced by Treys woodie (oops that sounds a bit wrong!!), how about a hot rod or custom build - any standard car ,truck or van (or even motorbike) rodded and customised . tony

R

Richy C

I will chuck my in my 10p worth , how about anything European land sea or air but can`t be military .

P

Polux

And... Well.... From Russia with love!! Is te anniversary of your famous secret agent!!! If the film is free, you have soviet tanks in golden eye, space ships in moonraker, helicopters, bikes, cars, secret soldiers or not real (like what if)....

But not everyone the same film!! Just choice one!!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
following on from the previous idea sorry an airfix db5 starter kit and build it to 007 spec . 0r any other of the other cars used in the films or you could build one of your own examples that he might of used in the past present or future

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
How about earth moving equipment, dock cranes, agricultural stuff, anything that moves muck or lift things really.

This is something we've not done, is away from our 'norm' and just imagine the weathering possibilities!

Ron

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
How about earth moving equipment, dock cranes, agricultural stuff, anything that moves muck or lift things really.This is something we've not done, is away from our 'norm' and just imagine the weathering possibilities!

Ron
With my lack of weathering skills I would have mine direct from the factory floor :smiling3:

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.