Super Sixty

R

redpiperbob

Hi I have a Ben Buckle Supe Sixty and I am looking for a plan or drawing for a airelon wing can anyone help.

Bob

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hi I have a Ben Buckle Supe Sixty and I am looking for a plan or drawing for a airelon wing can anyone help.Bob
*** Bob,just build the normal Super Sixty wing with a tad of dihedral,then attach strip ailerons about three quarter of an inch wide from tip to where the wing meets the fuselage,the easiest way is to use two micro servos sat in the wing with the control arms coming straight to the aileron horns,connect these with a Y-Lead direct to your receiver.

Whatever you do dont fit ailerons to the dihedral wing as is,the result will lead to aileron reversal,even a flat wing will work,it is just that a few degrees of dihedral stops that droopy look in the air !

You will not need any plans just make sure you have fitted a new ply spar which will go to at least the first 6 rib bays from the root rib,a Super Sixty will roll nicely but the wing will break as it is not stressed without the extra wing spar mod.