SWEET ! FM2 wildcat with deck crew!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This week , i have mostly been eating...SWEETS!!!! Here is something for lovers of the oddball and downright weird, the sweet models 1/144 scale kit of the FM2 Wildcat complete with carrier deck base and deck crew of cartoon cats!As with their other kits this is an absolute jewel,with extraordinary fine detail.The kit has a carrier deck base with lift detail and superb instructions and decals plus of course the cats!!(which even have decals for the eyes!) Anyone who wants a try at something different should try one of these kits, theyre excellent (and really addictive!) any way here are the pics,which ill have to put in 2 posts as theres quite a few, cheers mateys tonyView attachment 16462View attachment 16461View attachment 16460View attachment 16458View attachment 16464View attachment 16463View attachment 16465View attachment 16459View attachment 16457View attachment 16466oops ,what happened to the picture placement!!

View attachment 24567

View attachment 24568

View attachment 24569

View attachment 24570

View attachment 24571

View attachment 24572

View attachment 24573

View attachment 24574

View attachment 24575

View attachment 24576

P1060660 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060659 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060656 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060655 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1060654 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1060661 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1060709 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060710 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060711 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1060712 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

F

Fenlander

What a stunning little model Tony!!!!! OK, the concept is something that if you told me about it over the phone, I would be advising you to smoke something else...... But there are the pictures, the cat crew!!!! the box art with the scenic additions that you can put behind the base... But most of all what a stunning Wildcat and what a great base. Come on Tamiya, what about doing this sort of thing in 1:48 (without the cats though....)

Absolutely amazing.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers graham, i really enjoyed this one,even though most of it was done through the magnifying light, the detail would put many a 1/48 kit to shame too. cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I thought you had seriously lost the plot Tony, then having looked at the photos...

WOW seing the Aircraft next to the pound coin, sort f put things in perspective! That thing Is TINY, and the cats!!! You must have a very good eye glass and a hand as steady as a rock!

Hats off that is just class! Cats and all. (well their cute).

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
thanks ian, yeah theyre cute arent they, i think ill have to get another one,i know they do a boxing of this kit as a RN martlet c/w crew and base again so i might have to look for that, cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Had to have a search myself, this guy has a few Tony including the RN version of yours. Some nice aircraft too. The Hurricane looks good and you get two kits in the box on the Hurry and some others.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's wonderful work Tony! I couldn't get that much detail into 1/72 - let alone this scale!

B****y marvellous.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Tony, this is marvellously quirky, how you painted this liittle lot so neatly beggers belief....I couldn't even balance the coin!!

Excellent work.

Cheers,

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
cheers chaps, i can sense that graham is tempted to have a go at one of these tiddlers! go on graham , youll love em, cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Tony, your box art picture 2.....Is that Gern's FW190 I see on the crane?!!

Cheers,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Well spotted Ron - I had to look and check mine is still on the shelf!

Gern

T

T. van Vuuren

I don't know how you lads do it, I battle to do detail on a 1/72 model!

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Tony, your box art picture 2.....Is that Gern's FW190 I see on the crane?!!Cheers,

Ron
You know, now i look at it, mmm...... im sure that skeleton in daves 190 looked slightly feline !!!! LOL

F

Fenlander

Mmmm, I have an idea.... what about the next GB being the "Sweet Battle of Britain"?

ONLY JOKING, wind ya necks in lol

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
How come I've missed this 'til now? That's a great job Tony. I take my hat off to you and your "tiddlers". I don't think I'll be trying any,I'd have to superglue my magnifier to my head!

Cheers

Steve

C

Caledonia

Hi Tony, you must stop reading Gulliver's Travels it will ruin your eye sight one day. Fantastic job, how you have the patience to paint all those figures I don't know. One complaint though - where is the seat belts :no1b: Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi derek , thanks for the comments the figures were all done entirely through the illuminated magnifying lamp,which since i bought it ,has been invaluable , best £18 ive ever spent.Funnily enough,i did actually paint seat belts on the seat, but you cant really see them through the canopy,am i mad?!! cheers tony

F

Fenlander

I was really dying to see one of these kits at Coventry today but sadly, there were none to be had. Tried to talk Dave into having a go but I think he prefers his 1:32 stuff lol.