T-60 Soviet Light Tank, 1/35, Mistercraft

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
got this as a xmas prezzie and just fancied doing it next cos ive never done a kit by this brand before.......Polish apparently

not a lot in the box but theres decal/scheme options for 4 Soviet, 1 Polish and 1 captured German

seems to be usual eastern european quality.....eeeek!

bit of history......was designed as a light tank/scout tank, introduced in 1942 and was already outclassed by the Germans.........under gunned, under armoured, under powered but they still made nearly 6000 of them, guess it was a case of better than nothing

a_111.jpg

a_213.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
Count me in mate I will follow along and see how you get on with it. it's not a brand I know either.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul I'm in, built a few of these types from less well know Eastern European Companies.

Simon T put me onto them, not built any from this company, but looking at their web site they seem quite well organised 16 new models coming out this year alone.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Never heard of Mistercraft. Rarely see T-60 modelled either. Interesting to see how you sort this 'cause it ain't gonna be without problems.
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excuse us Paul.

Hi Paul
Never heard of Mistercraft. Rarely see T-60 modelled either. Interesting to see how you sort this 'cause it ain't gonna be without problems.
Jim
Jim are you another who have tried the likes then ? I've a T60 in the stash, think I will leave it for a while , at least until Paul has his finished !

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
not took long to put the hull together

not the greatest of kits, lots of ejection gate points which are quite large and in the most awkward of places, so big they create sink marks.

fit isnt the best so filler is the name of the game

not that impressed with the sprues......where parts meet the sprues its quite thick so need to be careful cutting off, needs to be carefully trimmed, and the styrene is quite soft

paint pot shows just how big this is for a 1/35

b_212.jpg

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Paul, that is a small tank, never heard of Mistercraft either, but you're making a good job of it.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Another one that hasn’t heard of them. It is together though and looks like a T60......that’s a good start in my book.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good now Paul , are those different colours of sprue on the track guards , or have I missed something ?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
A nice little tank there Paul.

ATB.

Andrew

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking good now Paul , are those different colours of sprue on the track guards , or have I missed something ?

yep......sprues are different colours.......and even feel like different styrene, darker grey is a bit softer

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
MisterCraft produce all sorts of models - mostly from moulds made by now defunct makers - Intech, ZTS Plastyk etc, mainly Eastern European, but also ex - Heller models. The T-60 dates from 1996, originally by Aeroplast. They are nicely presented & have some interesting decal sheets, with lots of choice, but they are old moulds, and quality is very variable, but are generally pretty cheap - Amazon have a load of the 1/72 planes < £10..................
Dave

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
painted.......shiny coat added ready for a wash of some sort.......decals added, all 2 of them!......decals are rubbish......was going to do a version with a typical patriotic cyrillic slogan but it just fell apart when it went in the water!! really is a little thing for 1/35

00dscf10.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Pity about the decals Paul. Paint looks good though. The Tamiya pot really shows how small it is doesn’t it.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im calling quits on this...............unless i decide to muddy it up at some point

one of those kits that left me thoroughly underwelmed and i just want to move on to something else

i know its Eastern European but the instructions were terrible and the tracks were a pain in the nether regions

i messed up the pin wash, didnt quite get the effect i was after

but hey ho, live and learn and all that

ba_610.jpg

sa_510.jpg

ba_1610.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Well despite your lack of enthusiasm for this kit you've made a fine job of the wee beastie.
Jim