T1 Flower Power.

P

Polux

Yep! I will build a car :D :D :D

The reason....is a nice story.

My birthday was on June. And my best friend gave me an absolutely stunning present!!

I'm a reader, a fantasy reader! So I like to search some classic items, but sometimes is a difficult job. Well, I've been long time looking for an old book. Ladyhawke.

On my birthday, Anne, leave on my hands a FIRST edition of the mentioned book. Amazing!!!

She is a Mercedes Benz "consumer", but she has a secret love....the Volkswagen T1 :smiling3:

Her birthday is on January, so I have six months to think about it and find some present that can equal her one. Anyway, by the moment, I promised to Anne that I will build a T1, a flower power T1 :smiling3:

I have on my stash the T1 Samba Bus (Revell 1/24).....so let's go!!! Flowers around!!!

Polux

Last edited:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Sounds like a great present, and I'm sure you'll do a great job on it Polux........ I'll look forward to seeing it.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Yep! I will build a car :D :D :D
The reason....is a nice story.

My birthday was on June. And my best friend gave me an absolutely stunning present!!

I'm a reader, a fantasy reader! So I like to search some classic items, but sometimes is a difficult job. Well, I've been long time looking for an old book. Ladyhawke.

On my birthday, Anne, leave on my hands a FIRST edition of the mentioned book. Amazing!!!

She is a Mercedes Benz "consumer", but she has a secret love....the Volkswagen T1 :smiling3:

Her birthday is on January, so I have six months to think about it and find some present that can equal her one. Anyway, by the moment, I promised to Anne that I will build a T1, a flower power T1 :smiling3:

I have on my stash the T1 Samba Bus (Revell 1/24).....so let's go!!! Flowers around!!!

Polux
Have one in my stash so I'll be very interested to watch yours come together Polux

M

My Model Car Workshop

Flower Power! Now that sounds interesting Polux! It reminds me of

"When you go to San Francisco

Be sure, to wear some flowers in your hair"

Just a few weeks ago, I saw an old VW Beetle, painted with lots of flowers on it. Looking forward to your model. :cool:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Cool stuff!:cool:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is lovely Polux, what a great friend.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Have one in my stash so I'll be very interested to watch yours come together Polux
That's ok!!

I will done a step by step thread, so we can comment different impressions on the way ;)

Last edited:
P

Polux

\ said:
I have one in flower power lets see what you do with yours
Really?!?

Can you post a pic, please? Will be an excellent reference.

Thanks ;)

P

Polux

I remember it, now, Peter :smiling3:

Very cool! As I said, an excellent reference!!

The flowers are decals?

Thanks

Polux

T

Tibbs

Have the samba on my wish list...... By and far my favourite vehical, really looking forward to your build..... So i can copy it :D

M

My Model Car Workshop

The T1 looks better than the T3. It would be nice to see a T1 Camper Van with lowered suspension.

Nice work so far Polux

P

Polux

Good morning all!

An update :smiling3:

I added some old rust colour around the chassis.

View attachment 113898

I used the worn effects for the chipping.

View attachment 113899

This is the final result after a coat of grauviolett grey and black. (the chipping effect is subtle, but on real looks better than the photo. I have to change the settings of the camera.....the photos have strange colours)

View attachment 113900

Thanks for looking

Polux

DSC_1343.JPG

DSC_1346.JPG

DSC_1348.JPG