Ta 152 completed (mostly)

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
I offer one completed group build model.

As a beginner, I have learnt many lessons with this, the main ones being:-

Use cheaper kits until you get better at it!

Make haste slowly.

Manage modelling time better.

The following are the main firsts for me:

Airbrushing

Modern kits and materials, including PE, the last one was over 35 years ago!

A group build.

Joining a Forum.

The camouflage effects.

The aircraft the model is based on.

Dislikes:

The overall fit and finish.

Poor modelling time management.

It wouldn't be this good without the Forum, so constructive criticism welcome. You can't be harder on me than I am being!

I will go back to it later to use gloss varnish on the canopy and a host of other improvements, but at least it will look good hanging from an 8 year old's ceiling!

Cheers.

Peter.

View attachment 24682

View attachment 24683

View attachment 24684

View attachment 24685

View attachment 24686

View attachment 24687

View attachment 24688

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

B

bikerbart

Peter...what can i say, with all of those first's in my humble opinion i think you have completed a model to be very proud of. I would be more than happy to have achieved such a great build, congratulations and thank you for sharing the expierience with us, regards Martin :smiling:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think that's a stunning first attempt at airbrushing - outstanding! Possibly some of the decals are a little crooked but other than that small observation I think it's a great looking model. I agree the subject matter is cool. The Ta 152 seems to have cleaner lines than the 190D which has a bit of a 'Frankenstein's monster' back end.

BTW - You seem to have tackled the fit problems really well - looks a very elegant and well put together machine.

Cheers

P

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job peter, and not just for a first attempt either! You should be well chuffed , itll look great on the ceiling too. Glad to see im not the only one finishing the GB at the last minute, ive got to photo and post mine in a bit ! Heres to your next one cheers tony:beer:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's a damned fine result from a kit which is not the easiest to build. Very well done. You will always see bits you think you could have done better. I always assure myself that next time.....!

Nice to see a good Ta152 in the GB as well.

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter

My comments earlier are all meant to be constructive. I genuinely think this is a great looking model of a cool looking aircraft and, like I said, wraps up the Spring build really nicely.

Again, congrats on a super job.

Cheers

P:cool2:

F

Fenlander

Nowt wrong with that Peter a really good build for any of us. For a first, it is stunning

Here is one from the model show on Sunday at Coventry. Remember this has been displayed on the Avon IPMS (International Plastic Modellers Society) stand who are very fussy and have some top modellers.

Yours compares very nicely against this 'expertly' built one so be proud of it and ease up on yourself. You have made a great job of it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Do you know what. If that was a first, I am looking forwards to the second!! That is a really nice little Ta 152 you got there! In my eye the only things that jump out at you are the Decals on the wings are a bit askew and the satin finnish on the cock pit canopy. (thats the last time the pilot will be drinking hot coffee during pre-flight!)

If you had not made us so aware of the great fight you had getting it together, I dont think we would of guessed.

Well done.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I gotta agree with the rest of the guys. Don't be so hard on yourself Peter. That's a fine build and even more amazing for your first.

As you built it, you know all the spots where you say to yourself it's not as good as you'd have liked it to be. We all say that! But I'll bet the only eyes that are likely to look closer than your own belong to competition judges!

The other thing we all say to ourselves is the important bit. And that goes something like "I'll get that right next time!"

Keep up the good work.

Gern