Tamiya 1/12 Lotus 78

Jabba

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Good evening Gentlemen,
I have just finished the latest version of Tamiya's Louts 78. It was mostly up to the usual Tamiya high standard and went together pretty well, but if any of you ever do this kit I would say I had trouble (mostly my own fault)( with 2 areas.
1/ Black paint is a pain and shows up any tiny imperfection. Despite my filling and prepping and eventual polishing it still looks blotchy in places. and 2/ those decals! almost every one of the pinstripes is a separate decal and to get them to line up and not break or fold over took a lot of time and patience. My attempts at the lettering on the tyres and the engine could be better also.
Have any of you made this one , or one of the earlier lotus kits. How did you find it?
Overall though it is an undeniably handsome car and it will look good in the cabinet. (i hope)IMG_6609.JPGIMG_6610.JPGIMG_6611.JPG

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good evening Gentlemen,
I have just finished the latest version of Tamiya's Louts 78. It was mostly up to the usual Tamiya high standard and went together pretty well, but if any of you ever do this kit I would say I had trouble (mostly my own fault)( with 2 areas.
1/ Black paint is a pain and shows up any tiny imperfection. Despite my filling and prepping and eventual polishing it still looks blotchy in places. and 2/ those decals! almost every one of the pinstripes is a separate decal and to get them to line up and not break or fold over took a lot of time and patience. My attempts at the lettering on the tyres and the engine could be better also.
Have any of you made this one , or one of the earlier lotus kits. How did you find it?
Overall though it is an undeniably handsome car and it will look good in the cabinet. (i hope)View attachment 497645View attachment 497646View attachment 497648
Love it......
.... and a real blast from my childhood/Scalextric days:cool:.

Last edited: