Tamiya 1.32 spitfire Complete

P

Pete Mac

Hope these upload okay. This is a first attempt since I was a children so although I am pleased with the result I accept there may be one or two errors. I appreciate the extended flaps issue but thought I would add them seeing as Tamiya were kind enough to include them n the kit.

Thanks to you all who offered tips and helpful information along the way. Also to John who provided top service with all the parcels! Roll on Tamiya's 1.32 hurricane.Thanks again, Pete

PS. Apologies for the not so professional quality images!

View attachment 47170

View attachment 47171

View attachment 47172

View attachment 47173

View attachment 47174

View attachment 47175

View attachment 47176

View attachment 47177

View attachment 47178

View attachment 47179

View attachment 47180

View attachment 47181

View attachment 47182

View attachment 47183

View attachment 47184

comp;leted Spitfire 052.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 001.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 003.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 005.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 007.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 008.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 010.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 011.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 035.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 046.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 047.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 048.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 049.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 050.jpg

comp;leted Spitfire 051.jpg

B

beav1013

great job. excellent painting, nice engine. i'd be proud of that one.

M

mobear

that is a beautiful aircraft you have done there,first class and the detailing of the engine is ace

mobear

First Name
Chris
That is one beautiful looking bird thier Pete, good work! (the airfix 1/72 of the same plane was my first build when I returned to the plastic.....ahhhh how it all began!!)

Cheers

Chris

A

andyrobs

Hi pete, cracking spit mate, beautiful build throughout.

Cheers, Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent spit pete , very nice paintwork , cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Therein lies the answer pete , how about making a harvard and altering the decals to make the one you flew in? i hear the 1/72 academy t6 is a great kit , cheers tony

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Pete great engine detail and weathering.

Vaughan

P

Pete Mac

Thanks for all you kind comments folks. The only regret is the cockpit green. I used Vallejo green which turned out to be too dark but I'll live with it.

Note you live in Duxford Chris, I make a regular pilgrimage up there from way down here in Penzance to satisfy my naustalgic tendecies. Had a flight in a Harvard there last year. Brilliant but all over too quickly. (a combined christmas gift from all the family)

Feeling a bit lost now with no building to occupy the evenings. Don't really know what to build next unless Tamiya have sneaked in a 1.32 hurricane of late. Thanks again lads,

Pete

B

Boldman

There is always the old Revell 1:32 Hurricane ;) Alternatively if you are willing to go down to 1:48, there is the Italeri (Hasegawa) Hurricane which is a beaut to build - I used one of them alongside the Tamiya Spitfire in my Battle of Britain diorama last year (http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes-helicopters/12446-1-48th-scale-battle-britain-diorama.html) Then again if you like 1:32 there is always the Tamiya Mustang or a Mk XVI Spitfire if you are rich enough! How about a jet? The 1:32 Revell Hawker Hunter is a fantastic kit that you can get without too much trouble from eBay.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A very nice build Pete. A lovely finish on the paint too.

I see what you mean about the cock pit green being a bit green but it still don't change things. Its still a great result.

There is some speculation on as to Tamiya will be adding a Hurricane to their 1/32 line-up....Hmm.

Andrew, that Hurricane from Italeri is not the Hasegawa one, its a totally new tool. What ever, its a lovely build. I have on on here as well somewhere...They are bringing out a Sea Hurricane some time later in the year. Have to watch out for that one.

Sorry Pete.

If you fancy another Spitfire in 1/32 there are some well worth looking at from HobbyBoss ( I think). Have heard they build up just as nice as a Tamiya. Cost about half. 1/32 Spitfire MK.Vb/ Trop Hobbyboss 83206 £35 !

Ian M

P

Pete Mac

Andy, That's a very authentic diorama. Is all that material readily available? I shall look into this before I make myself a display case as I see the dust is settling already!! I really like the grass, very realistic.

Ian, Quite a dilema on what to build next. I shall look into the other model spits although I was looking at a review on the 1.32 BF109E from the Eduard Hanger. anyony any experience of this model. As for the Tamiya Hurricane, well that would be the icing on the cake!! Pete

R

rogue-one

great one pete! very sharp clean job. details brilliant. like the work on the engine and cockpit!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cracking job on that Spitfire. It must have wet your appetite for large scale planes!

If you fancy an early,BoB,Hurricane I suggest the Pacific Coast Models offering. It won't fall together like the Tamiya kit but will make a very good model.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Aaron
Nice job bro and good one for putting the weed decal on it lols.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely made Spitfire. It's interesting that on your model, the maple leaf logo (Johnson was Wing Commander of a Canadian Wing at Kenley during this time), is green. According to the site below, Johnson himself recalled that the maple leaf on his machine was green. However all other Canadian aircraft at Kenley had a red maple leaf. MOst other kits carry the red maple leaf.

http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/johnnie-johnsons-spitfire-revisited.html