Tamiya 1/35 Churchill. With updates.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is my 1/35 Crocodile tank that is knocked out. The flash, coupled with the lights in the shed have given it a metallic look, but it isn't, also I have used two greens-just to break it up and add a in-field rush camo scheme. It has been damaged with two shell hits, one fatal-have tried to mimic stress cracks emanating from the holes. It has had its first wash and is left to dry-still loads to do.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 86735

View attachment 86736

View attachment 86737

View attachment 86740

DSCF3643.JPG

DSCF3644.JPG

DSCF3645.JPG

DSCF3643.JPG

V

V1P3R

Oh gutted! Thought it was going to be an actual crocodile!!

don't know much about tanks tho but looks good. Liking the finish.

Sent from me to you

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking good mate is this the standard tamiya one with the aftermarket extras to make it a crockodile ?

I have the standard one and was thinking of getting the extras to do a diepe dio :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looking good mate is this the standard tamiya one with the aftermarket extras to make it a crockodile ?I have the standard one and was thinking of getting the extras to do a diepe dio :smiling3:
This comes with trailer and parts for the flame-thrower or you can make it standard. I will have another look in the box as I am sure I saw the two vent cowlings and add on exhaust.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice , I got the one with the tank crew and the old fella handing out wine from a little cart :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
It looks great mate :smiling3: you knw that burn on the front hatch , if you put a bit of liquid superglue on the edge and wet it with water it will fog up and give an ash effect :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ta fellas, glad you're liking it so far, just figuring out the board layout then I can work on the tank a bit more.

What doesn't show up too well in the pictures is the slight wearing on the hatches, hinges, edges etc. This was created using a pencil and I find it a more natural look than using dry-brushing. You get a dull gleam-if that makes sense.o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
V

V1P3R

Churchill?! Finished?! Oh no no no!!

Congrats and looking forward to seeing the board done too. Excited now tank is done?

Sent from me to you

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice mate but you've either made it shrink or your painted it in invisible ink lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Button mashing again mate lol. They be there now!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Button mashing again mate lol. They be there now!Si:smiling3:
It must be magic ! I'm sure they weren't there when I posted lol go on admit it you hit post reply instead of upload file :D

That looks very nice mate I don't know if I'd have the guts to do that to mine :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It must be magic ! I'm sure they weren't there when I posted lol go on admit it you hit post reply instead of upload file :D That looks very nice mate I don't know if I'd have the guts to do that to mine :smiling3:
Yes...that is what I did...:rolleyes:.

Why wouldn't you wreck yours? If I can do I am sure you can do it. :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yes...that is what I did...:rolleyes:.Why wouldn't you wreck yours? If I can do I am sure you can do it. :D

Mate I couldn't it's such a beautiful kit , mind you I might get a 1/76 one and have ago :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mate I couldn't it's such a beautiful kit , mind you I might get a 1/76 one and have ago :smiling3:
Coward...big, fat stinky, girl...girl...Alan dare not wreck it...ner, ner, ner...ner...ner, ner!

It is a nice kit, but I could see a side hatches open scene, and besides...I have to do wrecked.