Tamiya 1:35 French Armoured Carrier

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top notch job Graham. nice to see something different... and boy does this fit the bill! LOL

Nicely weathered, not over elaborated, just enough.

Nice one.

Ron

F

Fenlander

Cheers Ron, I just have to do a bit of dusting under the mudguards, on the road wheels and along the lower half. Colour depends on how the scenic base (cop out name for a mini diorama) turns out.

Ian said

So how about one in Capturede German markings next time ! :smiling:
You know, I nearly did this one as a German tractor or self propelled heavy machine gun, seen a great picture of one. However, I just fell in love with it as it is so, maybe another one one day. It is a lovely kit to build and, being a newish Tamiya, it goes together like a dream. Maybe another one day with some photo etch. I believe that an exhaust cover and a few other bits are going to be available soon.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
What can i say Graham, you've done a grand job mate.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Whilst smiffing round on flee bay today, I found two or three different versions of this little tank. German versions, one with TWO mc turrets and another with a rocket launcher

Searching renault should find them.

Renault UE sWG 40/28 CM Wk SPR Wurfrahmen 1:35 Mirage is one of them I found again,

WWII Renault UE Sicherungsfahrz​eug 1:35 MIRAGE Neu is another.

I was really tempted but have a couple of other things waiting in the wings.

F

Fenlander

Sincerest apologies to you real Diorama makers on here.....

Right, I did say this was going to be a simple scenic base just to display the model. So I may get tips on what new hobby to take up, I thought I would give you a warts and all just to show how simple it is.

First of all, I got a picture frame, as plain as possible. This is an 8" x 6" and you get two in a pack for a quid from one of our many Pound Shops so for 50pence, it will do.

I cut a piece of plastic coated foam board to the exact same size as the glass and discarded the glass.

This was them marked to show the edge of the frame 'window' and masked off so that nothing stuck to the foam board where it fitted into the frame.

I then mixed a bit of brown Acrylic paint into some PVA glue and painted the foam board with a thick coat. This is done in the hope that no white of the foam board will show through.

At this point I got the urge for some chocolate cake and a cup of coffee........

Anyway, I then scattered brown "Scatter Material' all over the still wet glue followed by some small granite chippings to form the edge of the 'track' and then green grass scatter to have the effect of a curve in a farm track crossing a field.

A quick test fit to make sure the carrier looked ok and then it was all put to one side to dry out completely.

Now I must get on with completing the 'stores and this will be finished.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
What are the 'scatter' materials you have used on the base? That grass looks great! As does the rest by the way.