Tamiya -1/35 - German Steyr Type 1500A/01

Hi all guys,

Have been busy lately, working on a bigger project but in the meantime just finished this nice kit. I didn't know what to do, so I went to one of the major online model shops, checked how many pages of 1/35 military models they have, how many models a page, I set my maximum price for 30 quid and went to random.org. Generated two numbers (page and model) and that was the one picked:smiling3: I must say I'll do it again.

It's one of the better kits I did. Everything fits just perfect and it was quite enjoying. I assembled the whole model in 4-5h. As most of the Tamiya's models, nice details and add-ons.

No more talking, enjoy!

Plus something extra, but it's quite a big file so please wait for whole file to load(17MB)

J

John Huggins

Nice build, love the weathering, love to see more of ur builds.

John

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
A decent build, love a good model that's weathered right! Well done;)

M

mobear

its random and awesome love the figures and the truck, the weathering is first class one of the best ive seen

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb,do real like the weathering great job and the figures as well , nice job on there faces which i find the trickiest and hardest part

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Bart.

Great paint job.

Nice touch with the turntable shot! Is it a gif. or Mpeg. file?

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Marvellous work. The truck is extremely well done, the figures are also very good. You can even see the driver looking down at his watch, so you got the eyes and shades right. "Is it knock off time yet Hans?"

P

Polux

Excellent build!!

Looks a very clean and tidy model. The PE give a nice touch at the model :eek:, and the mud effect is really interesting ;)

Genial.

Polux

@John Huggins: You are more than welcome to see my builds, can find them on this forum:smiling3:

@papa 695: I think, he's just jealous that the commander gets all the medals. And girls...

@Ian M: It's a gif file. If I remember right it's 86 different pictures taken. Each one at 1.6s exposure time. I wanted to place the mpeg movie but it would be bigger and also you can't really put it in a loop.

@flyjoe180: completely unintended, but I really like the story!

@Pink Panther: There is no PE in this model:smiling3: I wanted to buy PE grill set, but decided not to, as it was a "relax" model:smiling3:

Thanks to all for all good words!

First Name
Mike
Nice work, and I really like the turntable presentation. I've built this kit and as you say, it's a delight :smiling3: I bought an Aber photo-etch set and it ended up being a waste of money, I barely used any of it (more my fear of PE than any shortcomings of the set!)

D

dubster72

That's a really nice build, very clean with just the right amount of weathering.

Cheers

Patrick

W

Willi262

I can almost hear the officer "Excuse me Hans, are we keeping you from something?"

N

noble

Love the steyr, your Germany grey looks spot on and nice subtle weathering.top drawer stuff one to be proud of.

Scott.