Tamiya 1/35 JGSDF Type10

V

virtue66

Hello there beautiful people.

This is my first finished kit to greet the new year with. I will be greeting the new year with a newly finished Type 10, one of the recent offering from Tamiya. Released in September 2013, this kit is very beautifully moulded with moulded-on antislips, clear plastic sheets ( as usual from Tamiya ) and rubber tracks.

I painted this gal in Tamiya JGSDF Dark Green and a mix of JGSDF Brown and normal Brown. A lot of references seemed to show hard edge patterns, I did the green first and masked it off and applied the brown. I just followed the pattern from the instructions. I wanted to exercise artistic license and went for a what-if winter scheme but since I have already made the Type90 in that way, I just decided to keep it factory scheme.

I debated on how to weather it, mainly snows and mud but I realize I have to build more dusty builds as practice so I decided to keep the weathering to a dusty appearance. I didn't do it all dusty ( like my Leclerc) just a moderate amount of dust. The dust was applied first with two layer of oil wash and brushing pigments on top after that.

Here's some photos -

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/tamiya-135-jgsdf-type10.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.

Until the next launch .

A

AlasdairGF

It's beautifully put together as ever Gary.

I feel like such a faker even asking this but... is your model perhaps a little too pale in colour? Perhaps it's just an artefact of the photo but it seems overly faded to me. Oh don't pay any attention, I'm not really any good at this hobby yet!!

The uniform's quite amazing - is that using some of those patterned decals we were asked about yesterday? (Shinsengumi, just looked it up...!)

M

mobear

slick very slick,just put it in some grass and trees that would make it so magnificent,5* build and paint job

V

virtue66

\ said:
It's beautifully put together as ever Gary.I feel like such a faker even asking this but... is your model perhaps a little too pale in colour? Perhaps it's just an artefact of the photo but it seems overly faded to me. Oh don't pay any attention, I'm not really any good at this hobby yet!!

The uniform's quite amazing - is that using some of those patterned decals we were asked about yesterday? (Shinsengumi, just looked it up...!)
Oh it's all fine.. I think I may have went a little bit heavy on the filters.

Because if you look at my initial painted on photo -

It looked very bright. I may have put a little bit too much filters .... hehe

A

AlasdairGF

Thanks for responding Gary - the original photo is much more colourful...