Tamiya 1/35 LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt Truck

S

snapper41

I'm mainly an aircraft builder, but I picked this up for £8 recently. I replaced the rubber tyres with resin ones, and there's some PE in there too, pus additional equipment items from Italeri. After research, I found that vehicles from T Patrol LRDG were often randomly sprayed over the base colour (Canadian Sand) with Azure Blue and Light Pink, so this is what I did, using Tamiya Buff for the base coat, and Vallejo Azure Blue and Flesh Highlights (for the pink). Of course, all colours faded with the sun. so I've done a lot of weathering with oil washes, dot filtering, drybrushing, and pastel chalks.

View attachment 113224

View attachment 113225

View attachment 113226

View attachment 113227

View attachment 113228

View attachment 113229

chev1.jpg

chev2.jpg

chev3.jpg

chev4.jpg

chev5.jpg

chev6.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That looks great I like that a lot I've looked at this quite a few times and put down again I think I'll plump for one next time I see it :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I really like that andy! Its a fantastic build and the faded dusty look is spot on. Nice to see the different colours too , usually theyre all just sand colour , just goes to show the benefits of doing a bit of research , cheers tony

D

dougie

That is amazing and 8 quid!? Lol!

Can I ask why you change the tyres from rubber to resin? Is it so you can weather them or they are more detailed or something else?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great looking truck,Andy,real like the camo and the weathering on this one,

very well done,with all the added gear as well,great build, :D

S

snapper41

\ said:
That is amazing and 8 quid!? Lol!
Can I ask why you change the tyres from rubber to resin? Is it so you can weather them or they are more detailed or something else?
Rubber or vinyl tyres in a kit never look quite real to me, plus they're not bulged, so there's no impression of a laden truck bearing down on them!

D

dougie

\ said:
Rubber or vinyl tyres in a kit never look quite real to me, plus they're not bulged, so there's no impression of a laden truck bearing down on them!
Well you have made these look excellent

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
What a bargain and what a superb job you have done to it Andy, love it.

Si:smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Oooh, very nicely done indeed!! :smiling3:

I've got one awaiting me....:rolleyes: