Tamiya 1/35 M26 Pershing WIP

D

dubster72

Hi All, Here's some pictures of the Pershing that's currently on the workbench, along with a Jagdpanther. The kit itself is very nice, a typical Tamiya offering that goes together well. It comes with workable suspension which is fun to build, but somewhat less than robust. During a recent move, the box holding the model got slightly crushed, resulting in many snapped-off wheels! And as anyone who's tried it knows all too well, re-gluing things like that is never as strong as the original joint, meaning the wheels have since comes off again more than once! View attachment 40605 View attachment 40606 View attachment 40607 View attachment 40608 This one will have a couple of crew & Dragon's US tank riders on the back. Here's a pic of one of the chaps in question. View attachment 40609More to follow!Thanks for lookingPatrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You have a PM Patrick

Ian M

B

beav1013

excellent paint job. it really pops even though it's "one" color. great job.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice paint work. As Jim wrote, even if its only 'one colour' it is full of life and depth.

look forward to seeing the end result.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice work there Patrick, and I bet that "only one colour" ain't.

You don't get that depth of colour with just one colour.

Well done so far mate.

Tony.

D

dubster72

Thanks for your kind words guys. I find that single-colour schemes are perhaps the hardest to do well, because the object is to create tonal variations so that it isn't just one colour!

This one was first painted a very dark green, followed by Tamiya OD & then this was lightened with Buff & that was sprayed into the middle of each panel. A couple of black & brown washes later & it was put into a cupboard for 10 months!

Once I got the modelling bug again, I added oil filters in various shades of green & brown. The next stage will be a very pale sludge wash to give it a dusty look & hopefully get the figures done too!

Cheers

Patrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Nice work there Patrick, and I bet that "only one colour" ain't.You don't get that depth of colour with just one colour.

Well done so far mate.

Tony.
Hence the quotation marks. I was regering to the fact that the originals where only one colour,

The modulation on this model is second to none!

Ian M

D

dubster72

* Little update! *

Managed to finish the sludge wash for the dusty look & I'm quite glad how it turned out. You're always taking a chance with this kinda thing, never being too sure how it'll work ( or not! ).

View attachment 40688View attachment 40689View attachment 40690View attachment 40691View attachment 40692View attachment 40693

Some close-ups

View attachment 40696View attachment 40695View attachment 40694View attachment 40697

I've also got the 2nd tank rider figure done, complete with Garand rifle. The Dragon Gen 2 figures are pretty good & you get bits of PE like the rifle strap.

View attachment 40698

Thanks for looking!

Patrick

View attachment 44360

View attachment 44361

View attachment 44362

View attachment 44363

View attachment 44364

View attachment 44365

View attachment 44366

View attachment 44367

View attachment 44368

View attachment 44369

View attachment 44370

Pershing 6.jpg

Pershing 1.jpg

Pershing 2.jpg

Pershing 3.jpg

Pershing 4.jpg

Pershing 5.jpg

Pershing CU4.jpg

Pershing CU1.jpg

Pershing CU2.jpg

Pershing CU3.jpg

GI6.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Some quality weathering on the perching and the figure really to work from the layers of colour on his uniform to the rifle strap can't wait to see it all together bud

Geegad

D

dubster72

This is finished & here's the completed thread http://www.scale-models.co.uk/completed-tanks/15506-completed-tamiya-1-35-m26-pershing.html#post121766