Tamiya - 1/35 - Pz.Kpfw II (Polish Campaign)

Hello everyone.

Santa have been very good for me this year (not to mention my family and friends during my bd) and I had couple of kits to choose. Decided to start with the smallest and imo easiest - Panzer II.

I have already spend couple of hours, pictures below.

It's a standard kit plus Bronco tracks and custom barrel.

Really nice and smooth kit, apart from one mistake. that rounded part of lower hull, should have a bit cut out. Thinking now what to do..

Will continue work tomorrow.

Bart.

Thanks.

Little update. Tomorrow or on sunday, I should finish putting it together:smiling3:

A bit dusty here. didn't notice till saw the picture:/

P

Polux

I have one of this in the stash, will look this one with interest!!

Nice start!

Cheers. Polux

Another update:smiling3:

Difference between inbox barrel and barrel from ebay:

Will start painting tommorow. Only tracks left to assemble.

Stupid question.. What colour the Germans used for undercoat? Was it tank grey as well, or something else?

I started finishing the wee tank today. Have almost finished the turret inside. Just a quick question. How to make a weathering on those black cushions on the commanders seat or the hatch?

Pictures:

The hatch. Just need to add some scratches.

First Name
Aaron
Some really nice modelling and theres some great detail on that kit.

Im loving the weld lines and breech

P

Polux

\ said:
I started finishing the wee tank today. Have almost finished the turret inside. Just a quick question. How to make a weathering on those black cushions on the commanders seat or the hatch?Pictures:

The hatch. Just need to add some scratches.
Yep! Try to do 2 dry brushes...

First a dark grey and the last one with white. Could be a possibility....

Thanks Polux.

I have finished glueing and already painted it with a camo.

It's time for a varnish and weathering tomorrow. Started the tracks today. I absolutely love them! A lot of spare plastic, but it's easy to make them:smiling3: Will show the effect tomorrow too.

Couple of pictures:

I've a problem.. Have lost one hook on the turret and there was no spare in the kit:/ Need to check if there are some spare in the Nashorn kit.

Cheers for watching,

Bart.

P

Polux

Looking great Bart!

Ufff.... what a difference of size, just few weeks ago I have finished this one, but scale 1/6!!!!

Your build give me nice 'remembers'.

Cheers. Polux

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
I've a problem.. Have lost one hook on the turret and there was no spare in the kit:/ Need to check if there are some spare in the Nashorn kit.

Cheers for watching,

Bart.
This happens to me narely every build...if its not a wing mirror its a bloody horn...yay for kits that come with extras or other kits with lost pieces.

Your panzer is comming long nicely. It has some great detail

T

treyzx10r

Bart thats a sharp looking build so far,nicely weathered. I like the rust on the muffler shield and the paint chipping on the hatches ,just enough without being overdone! cheers Trey

P

Polux

Looking very nice Bart!

You will leave alone or will do a little dio or similar?

I wish to see it finished!

Cheers

Polux

Cheers guys.

Thinking of a simple dio. Uneven grass field with some wooden fence. I prob start it today:smiling3:

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
\ said:
Cheers guys. Thinking of a simple dio. Uneven grass field with some wooden fence. I prob start it today:smiling3:
how will u be doing the grass bart ... i'm planning a set dio's for my aircraft and am thinking of some nice muddy / grassy fields .., tx lindsey