SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Dave

Very nice result. Camo really works well. 5*

Vaughan

First Name
Dave
Thanks everyone for your kind words.I was going to fit an antenna wire.But I'm moving house soon and I've got to find a way to pack this without breaking any bits off!.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job dave! the mottle looks fine to me, and ive got to buck the trend and agree with allyne and say i think its a very elegant aircraft. Top job mate, cant wait to see the arado, cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Youre welcome dave, BTW did you see the monogram f117 i got on e-bay ( recent aqcuisitions thread) i know you like a bit of classic action! Back to the HE 219 , this has made me want to get my 1/72 arado 240 out of the stash and start it ,- its a very similar shape only a bit smaller, but just like the HE 219 i think its very cool looking ! cheers tony

First Name
Dave
The Arado 240 would be an interesting build.Not sure if that one was operational?.Will have to read up on it.Another night fighter i fancy is the TA154.Another prototype that wasnt operational i believe.They were wooden construction and some broke up in flight as the Allies bombed the factory that made the adhesive.The substitute wasnt up to the job.I enjoy readi ng the history before starting a build.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
The only operational service they saw was in 1942 when three of the prototypes were stripped of armament and used a few times for fast reconnaissance over england. Shame though, it was an interesting aircraft and quite advanced in certain areas- the remote control guns and pressurised cockpit for example. cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice job. I think that mottle looks fine.A nice model of a slightly unusual subject.

Some of you uncharitable fellows might find the He219 ugly but it was a very advanced night fighter. It was yet another 'too little,too late' for the Germans. We can count ourselves fortunate that they never got produced in significant numbers (less than 300 IIRC).

The Ta154 was a bit of a dog,22 preproduction aircraft were supposed to be built but the first 5 all crashed and Tank,much to the dismay of the RLM,stopped production. Goering accused him of sabotage! An interesting Ta154 project might be a Mistel combination. The whole Ta154 project was on the verge of cancellation when,on 17/7/44, Focke-Wulf were asked to look at the possibility of a Mistel combination. A certain Herr Schoffel of the Focke-Wulf Entwurfburo was dispatched to Junkers at Dessau to see how they did it and he subsequently produced a feasibility study for a Ta154A/Fw190A-8 combination. A representative of the RLM,a Herr Emmert,stressed the urgent need for the Mistel..."The RLM expects the first conversion to be ready by the end of August 1944".

It is just possible that six of these Mistels were built and test flown at Eschwege. Now that would be a project for someone.

I can provide a nice artist's impression if anyone is up for it!

The Arado 240 was even less lucky,11 A,B and Cs were built and then some of an initial order of 40 C-1s before the whole thing was cancelled.

I have read that some of the prototypes were actually flown in a reconnaisance role over England but I have my doubts. An interesting 'what if' however.

Neither aircraft entered service. That doesn't just require the type to be sent to units but also all the infrastructure in men and materiel to support it.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Dave great looking Uhu ,nice job on the mottle and the build as a whole came out great. I'm a tad biased as this is my favorite aircraft ;) . Steve that mistel project sounds soooo tempting

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Dave. That camo must have been hard going, I don't think I could do it in one go !

Colin M......