Tamiya 1/48 Heinkel HE219A-7 UHU

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Dave I used the "Airscale" decals on on a spitfire and they came out well.

Vaughan.

First Name
Dave
View attachment 34720View attachment 34721View attachment 34722

A bit more progress with my build.The main gears are now finished.Canopies masked,fitted and frames painted RLM66 on the outside to simulate interior framing.I've spent a bit of time filling a step where the lower engine cowling halves join to the upper cowling which is part of the upper wing.No fault of the kit which is up to Tamiya's usual excellent standard.I just did'nt take enough care when assembling the parts.Next step is to spray a coat of primer on.Hopefully i will find time to do this tomorrow evening.

View attachment 39207

View attachment 39208

View attachment 39209

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi David very nice masking.

Vaughan

First Name
Dave
Thanks Vaughan.This one was easy compared to the last night fighter i built,the P61 Black Widow.

First Name
Dave
View attachment 34777

Not a lot of progress to report.I primed the model then found i only had enough RLM76 for one coat.So i've had to go on line and order some more of my favourite 'Xtracolour' enamel paints from 'Wonderland Models'.Postage is £3 for any quantity.So i've ordered 10 tins (different colours) to make it worth my while.I like these paints because they give a good finish and dry gloss.So no need for a clear (or Kleer) coat before applying decals.Whilst i'm waiting for those to arrive i can get on with painting the props,nose gear and radar antenna.

View attachment 39262

IMG_0875.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice dave. It's always good to get the primer on, it sort of brings the model together, 'says me' who has only recently started using primer !!

Colin M........

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice work dave, always fancied this one (tamiya 1/48) ill be keeping an eye on how it turns out, although i expect itll be up to tamiyas usual standards, cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Continuing nicely Dave.

Keep it going.

Tony

First Name
Dave
View attachment 35021

Have sprayed a couple more coats of RLM76 on the model over the last two nights.Have also sprayed the RLM75 mottle on free hand with my cheap Iwata copy airbrush (marketed by 'Spraymaster').I havent tried to copy the kit painting guide squigle for squigle.Just tried to give an impression of what the mottle would have looked like.Tomorrow evening i will apply the decals.

View attachment 39496

IMG_0878.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
The mottling is looking very good Dave.

Vaughan.

T

treyzx10r

Dave nice job on the mottle ,you captured the essence of it without copying every squigle out of the guide. Besides these were random spray anyway

First Name
Dave
View attachment 35296View attachment 35297

In one of my first posts i said there was no instrument detail on the kit instrument panel.However,Tamiya do provide a decal for the instrument panel.I discouvered this too late when i came to put decals on the model!.As i store all my kits in my garden shed,i take all the decals and instructions out and keep them in the house so they won't get ruined by damp.So i didnt realise this kit had instrument decals.Anyway, i have now applied the decals,given the model a coat of 'Klear' and then a wash with Florymodels dark dirt.

View attachment 39753

View attachment 39754

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

S

Sky Raider

Nice result, very well done. i think these planes are ugly with all those aireals but you have made an excellent job of it.

Cheers

Andy

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Andy. I think they look great with them lol. Excellent looking bird Dave. Can't wait to have a go at mine. Got a few other to do first though

First Name
Dave
As you can see in post #35 above i've finished the model.I removed the excess wash and finished the model with two light coats of Vallejo matt clear varnish.Then i superglued the undercarriage on. Finally i superglued the undercarriage doors and radar antenna on.The mottle 'blobs ' are larger than i would have liked.I put that down to my lack of skill with the airbrush.I've got an Arado 234 night fighter in my stash which has a similar colour scheme.When i build that one im going to spray the dark grey first,make the mottle patern with masking fluid,then spray RLM76 over that.That way i should get a better mottle effect.The model isnt as heavy as i thought it would be.So in hindsight i dont think the metal undercarriage set was really necessary.That said its given the model a very strong and sturdy undercarriage.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
This is a great build Dave.

Andy's right, not the prettiest plane.

But was designed with a specific job in mind, and fitted the bill.

5 stars.

Tony