Tamiya 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109 E3

M

msm2

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Tony

That's a decent kit there I'm sure you'll make a good job of it. Is the 1/32 109 the Eduard kit? I've the E1 and the E3 to start - they look fantastic.

Cheers

Paul

M

msm2

The 1/32 is a Trumpeter one. I may start it so it runs along side the 1/48 109.

Tony..

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent Tony It'll be interesting to see how the 2 kits compare. As they're both recent kits I would think they're both pretty good. I would recommend doing the 2 together - I'm doing the same with the Typhoons. Saves on time, paint and you can research them at the same time. I'm also trying to reduce a back log of kits by any means necessary!!!

Cheers

Paul

M

msm2

Not too sure about both kits. The Tamiya should be a well fitting kit but I am not too sure really,doing a dry fit last night with wings and fuselage there is a small gap at the wing root. Some plastic sheet and filler will do the job.

Tony..

B

Bunkerbarge

What about adding an Airfix 1/24th one to the set as well? It would be interesting to compare the quality of such a kit with the best of modern Tamiya.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Lookin good Tony

F

Fenlander

That cockpit detail is superb Tony. Not sure what you mean by painting the inside of the canopy though. I jus mask it up, spray the interior colour over the outside before I start the main colour. That way it looks the right colour from inside but I never actually paint the inside.

M

msm2

The rear canopy is painted inside as per the instructions but i will havea better look tomorrow. Cheers Graham I really enjoy doing the cockpits whether 1/72 or 1/48 scale.

K

Kressy13

Greate work so far mate. This is the same kit i made when i started the hobby and was great. Looking good. Keep it up.

Cheers

Kresten

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks very nice so far. I'm with Graham on canopy spraying,it's a cheat that works well and I'm too lazy to mask inside and out except on really large "glass houses".

Cheers

Steve

B

Bunkerbarge

It really adds an interest to see the flaps down and gives you the chance to detail the areas behind them. This is a cracking kit and you are making a great job of it.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Tony, shaping up to one nice model. Neat painting of the cockpit too.

Ron

M

msm2

Now the Sweet Bf109 is finished,its time to start back on this one. Tonight just masked the camo out for spraying RLM71 (Vallejo 71015) over RLM02 (Vallejo 71044). Painted the prop assembly in RLM22 (Vallejo 71057). Pics to follow.