Tamiya 1/48 - P-47D Thunderbolt

Hello again.

After a while I've managed to complete this magnificent aircraft.

The kit itself is a charm. Easy to build, nice fit and no problems whatsoever. Painting it was a bit of fun but nothing hard. Unfortunately I can't make a build without some problems. This time problems with silvering of decals. Weird, because on glossy surface it was absolutely fine, but after putting matt coat half of the decals were silvering:sad:  I've read some forums, tip and advices and followed the one with needle and pucturing the silvered decals and another coat of Sol and Set. Helped a lot, but still I'm not happy to be honest. Some decals basically unfixable..

Build is OOB + Eduard masks.

Anyway, pictures: :smiling3:

DSC_9914.jpg

DSC_9903.jpg

DSC_9905.jpg

DSC_9906.jpg

DSC_9907.jpg

DSC_9908.jpg

DSC_9909.jpg

DSC_9912.jpg

DSC_9913.jpg

DSC_9916.jpg

DSC_9904.jpg

I hope you liked it.

Thanks and see you soon!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I love this Bart ! Beautifully built and photographed. The razorback is my favourite P47 variant and particularly this scheme with the red indian head . I'm definitely looking out for this kit now , great job , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great result. I know what you mean about there is always an issue. In this case a shame about the decal issues, but you can't tell from the photos and it doesn't detract from what is a magnificent result.

First Name
Mike
I agree with what's been posted; a great looking model, superbly photographed. If you hadn't mentioned the silvering, I wouldn't have noticed it. Actually, I still can't see it 
Shrugs.gif

First Name
Gwyn
Like other members I am impressed with the build and cannot see any problem with the decals.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The original "Hog", exquisitely done! B|

D

Doug Hughes

Fantastic work on a favourite aircraft of mine. Nice photos too.