Tamiya 1/48 Thunderbolt

First Name
Dave
I got this kit from the wife last Christmas. Started building it then had to put it away when we moved house last Feb.Ive just got round to finishing it off.The kit had some nice paint schemes,but I wanted to build it as an RAF P47 SEAC machine.

I picked an aircraft from a book on RAF Thunderbolts.

I built the kit out of box as its that good it didn't need any 'improvements'.I did fit some 137 gallon drop tanks from the Academy P47N kit in my stash as the Tamiya kit doesn't include them.

T

treyzx10r

Excellent looking Jug Dave,nice to see one in non-US markings for a change! 5 stars from me ,very nicely done Sir!!!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Really well made Thunderbolt Dave, great work. I like the look of the RAF SEAC scheme on the Jug.

A

andyrobs

Cracking build Dave, definately worth a big 5 stars from me

Cheers, Andrew

K

Kressy13

Looks awesome mate. I do prefer the razorback to the bubble top. Will have to keep a look out for one. Top stuff.

Cheers

Kresten

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Brilliant build, like the camo work.

First Name
Dave
Thanks to everyone for your kind comments.Ive just noticed i forgot to fit the landing light to the underside.Will sort that out tonight.I used decals from my decal collection and the paints are all Vallejo Air.The letter 'A' is the wrong style as its from a post war decal sheet.But im not too bothered about that.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love this dave , a fantastic looking build. The jug always looks great in RAF colours , 5 star job mate , cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Dave, really nice.

Tony.